Got her down to the track.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got her down to the track.

Took my car to GLD in Union Grove, WI. I didnt know they rescheduled import wars for that day and only got TWO runs in the whole day! I havent scanned the time slip but here they are.

R/T.......635
    60'.......2.173
    1/8......9.697
    MPH.....72.59
    1/4......15.178
    MPH.....89.29

R/T........296
    60'.......2.217
    1/8......9.889
    MPH.....71.35
    1/4......15.455
    MPH.....88.00

The first run was nice, but I could do better I know it (fell asleep). The second time I botched the launch a little and going into third my trans kinda... delayed a little.

My mods are, intake, dynomax muffler, !A/C (all but HVAC), !Front Sway bar (unbolted not removed) tires were 35 front, 18 rear. 235/55/16 Yokohama Avid T4. The car is an automatic one wheel wonder. Lemme know what you guys think. My limited slip is on the way so I think a build trans is in order, the car shifts really sloppy.

(I've posted this on Full throttle and LS1 tech so sorry to those who have seen this already ::banana: )

Re: Got her down to the track.

thats not a bad time at all for a basically stock car

how many miles and what year...camaro or bird

Comment

18 psi in the rears is a light for the f-bodies. i would go with 24-26 psi, stall it up to around 1300, before the stock concerter locks up and you start spinning, release brake and let her eat.

60's need some improving. alum. DS is a HUGE help, just a heads up.

my 1/4 times blow cuz my suspension is set up for auto-xing it up. sat around watching some videos of my car launching and even on my best 60' the car had no give in the back. it was just flat as could be.

so i have my go fast around corners car. now i just my go fast in a straight line car. which is hopefully what ill be working on this winter!!!!!:naughty:

all around those are really good times.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Oh sorry. Its a 2000 Camaro. For some reason my car likes off idle launches. I could have hammered the gas harder but it was my first run. The second time I tried to stall and actually ran slower. The converter doesn't lock up until top gear around 45 mph, cruising. The tires spin because your brakes can't hold them any longer. I can stall it to around 2700 on a sticky track. Still launches worse though. With the front sway bar removed and the tires at such a low PSI the weight transfer is amazing when I launch off idle. Most people with the same mods as me are running mid 15's or higher with 2.2-2.3 60 ft from what I can see.

The car has a one piece drive shaft already. Dunno if its aluminum but its not on my to do list. Once I get my limited slip installed (this weekend) its a whole new ballgame.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Comment

why is your front sway bar unbolted but not removed? I thought the point was to shed a couple pounds up front.

Comment

Nice times - practice is the key.

We have some good posts stickied here - read up on them for tips.

As for unbolting front sway bar but not removing..... it frees up the front suspension.... yes removing it completely is better but unbolting end links isn't half bad
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
              Thanks for the replies!

Oh sorry. Its a 2000 Camaro. For some reason my car likes off idle launches. I could have hammered the gas harder but it was my first run. The second time I tried to stall and actually ran slower. The converter doesn't lock up until top gear around 45 mph, cruising. The tires spin because your brakes can't hold them any longer. I can stall it to around 2700 on a sticky track. Still launches worse though. With the front sway bar removed and the tires at such a low PSI the weight transfer is amazing when I launch off idle. Most people with the same mods as me are running mid 15's or higher with 2.2-2.3 60 ft from what I can see.

The car has a one piece drive shaft already. Dunno if its aluminum but its not on my to do list. Once I get my limited slip installed (this weekend) its a whole new ballgame.

Thanks for the input everyone!
              In my exp with the auto about 1600 rpm is about as high as you want to break tq with the stock verter, and should give you a good launch... LSD will make a nice difference in the 60 ft. What gears do you have?
              2000 Firebird.. Whisper lid, Custom exhaust, FRA mod, MSD Coil packs, MSD wires, TCI 3000 stall verter, TSP mail order tune. No times as of yet waiting for the track to open

Comment

I ususally torque it up 2200-2300rpm in my auto. I've pulled a couple 2.18's on bald street tires, and actually a few 2.0X on street tires with tread. I've got 3.42s and LSD. Your 60's are ok, and your ET is pretty good, but seems like your trapping a little bit low. My best run is a 15.1 @ 92.3, but I think it was a fluke. My other run that night was a 15.6 when the tranny hesitated on the 2-3 shift.
                ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Generally over 90 is usually a 14 sec pass..
                  2000 Firebird.. Whisper lid, Custom exhaust, FRA mod, MSD Coil packs, MSD wires, TCI 3000 stall verter, TSP mail order tune. No times as of yet waiting for the track to open

Comment

The bar was only unbolted because its a PITA to completely remove in the pits (unbolted the brackets, and let it hang, didn't hit anything at all). I recently removed the bar up front all together. A lotta people advise against it, but I never drive too far with the car. Its really not that bad once you get used to it. You just can't pull and 2F2F **** on the highway lol :)

I have 3.42 gears. Thanks for the advice I'll try to stall it up around 1600 next time I go. I only got in 2 runs, the first time was off idle the second was around 2200-2400.

My trans hesitated too, hence my low(ish) trap. I dunno, once I get a 3500 stall I may get a shift kit at the same time, the shifts are only gonna get slower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X