vicary day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vicary day...

ran the rdrr on sunday. got a best of 14.9 out of her. still stuck with crappy 2.1 60' though. but the car was built to go around turns, not go fast in a straight line.

mods right now are very minimal for go fast mods. but here they are:
    alum DS
    3:42 auburn LSD
    $7 homemade CAI
    full exhaust

the car is a 96 camaro. 5 speed car. i put my tire pressure at 24 lbs and launched at around 3k. spun just a bit and took off. 2700 or lower and the car would dead hook and bog.

any recommendations?

Re: vicary day...

What did the full slip look like?

Post up the rest of the numbers.

What kind of weather were you racing in and what was the altitutde?

With just a tune you should pull 14.7s on the exact same run.
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

i had no concern for reaction time, i was trying to get the car to launch. with the stiff a$$ auto x suspension my dad put on the car i managed a best 60' of 2.11 sec. with all my slips put together with the best of everything going into one... here's how it all reads.

R/T .614
      60' 2.11
      330 3.229? < something messed up... but it was a 6.174
      1/8 9.603
      MPH 73.79
      1000 12.02
      1/4 14.944
      MPH 92.44

these are all my bests from that day. next time im putting the stock shocks back underneath it and disconnecting the front sway bar.

Comment

Looks good....it has a little more left in it, just work on it a bit :)

Comment

Nice time
          2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

yeah there is definately more in here. the annoying part is that i was .2 seconds behind a 01 Conv GT. it had basically the same mods. i know that my car would easily run door to door with it if i even had the stock suspension.

ill see if austin can get me the video of it launching. no weight transfer at all.

Comment

Take the front swaybar off for the track...allows for a lot of weight transfer

Comment

next year ill be taking the front sway bar off, changing the shocks in the back and maybe even the springs to try to get a better launch. tires at this point wont help me cause the car doesnt make enough power for that.

next year the car will be a bit different. shell run a little faster:naughty:

Comment

Stock springs are plenty...I pull 1.5/1.6 60's on stock springs and bilstein rear shocks.

Your money would be better spent elsewhere than on those items.

Comment

my springs are not stock. they are he lowering springs from h&r. stiff as all get out. maybe ill just find a set of stock springs and stick those in there to go down the 1320'

Comment

headed up to cordova tomorrow. ill let you guys know how she does.

Comment

i broke my tranny mount on the 2-3 shift. got a energy suspension mount to replace it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X