Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the track again tomorrow

Wish me luck.

I have a new MAF, got rid of plugs that looked like they've been there for 2 years, a set of burnt wires, new tires and a fresh oil change. :)

The plugs, my friend got a hold of for me, he owed me money. I wanted the NGK's but he could only get AC Delco Platinum Rapidfires. Any goods or bads about those plugs?

Anyway, yesterday, I went to the track for a drag school, basically you practice launches and stuff. Had nothing else to do...I dropped my 10.1 1/8th mile down to 9.996 on the first run. After that I couldn't launch worth ****. I think it's because I was happy enough to finally hit the damn 9's in the 1/8th. I'm the second of my closest friends to hit the 9's...the other one is a 91 regal with the L67. =)

9.996@70.49 mph, with a 60ft of 2.4! :(!!! I gotta fix that bad. I want to at least be mid-15's. Low 15's would be nice, but yeah I don't want to get ahead of myself here.

Wish me luck tomorrow of at least a 15.5. :)

(199,225 ) ... I'm almost at 200,000 on my motor...I'm gonna cry.

Re: Going to the track again tomorrow

Best of luck to ya!

I remember when I first got the car and had 200,000km on the clock when I last went to the drag strip. I was so excited to tear into the 14's on the very first run (14.998), that I couldn't touch them the rest of the day :D

I cant wait til next season when I get down there with all my new mods! 12's, here i come!! :D:D
    Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

Originally posted by Dawizman
      Best of luck to ya!

I remember when I first got the car and had 200,000km on the clock when I last went to the drag strip. I was so excited to tear into the 14's on the very first run (14.998), that I couldn't touch them the rest of the day :D

I cant wait til next season when I get down there with all my new mods! 12's, here i come!! :D:D
      If I didn't have to worry about bills and got more hours at work, I could hit 14's by now....... =(

'course...everyone has bills. lol.

Comment

R/T - .9130

60ft - 2.3001

330ft - 6.5249

ET@594ft - 9.3617

1/8th ET - 9.9960

1/8th mph - 70.95

'er I was like .46mph off lol

yeah, I kind've still spun out at launch.

I'm just hoping for 15.5's, because technically with the higher mileage and my test pipe missing ( fell off on the highway. doh! ) I'm still assuming stock horsepower if not less.

motor has been religiously taken care of all it's life though. It's never been to the track or really raced until I got a hold of it....it's been through burnouts though.

Comment

Those times will drop a bit to if you're awake on the line :D If you can drop that R/T down a bit 15.5 will be no sweat.
          Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

Originally posted by Dawizman
            Those times will drop a bit to if you're awake on the line :D If you can drop that R/T down a bit 15.5 will be no sweat.
            too bad R/T has no effect on your ET

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
              too bad R/T has no effect on your ET

hes right u silly goose

Comment

it's all in the short time..drop that 60' to a 2.1 and you'll be golden

<b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

moses, i think i saw you tonight at the track. i wasnt sure if it was you though so i didnt come over and talk to you. i saw you run once. 15.8 @ IIRC 88ish.

track was packed as hell and i only got 2 runs. neither worth worth mentioning, the first i launched horrid and the second i just wanted to leave so bad i didnt really care, i just wanted to get to the end of the track so i could get the hell out of there!! (although i did whip up on a mustang pretty bad that run :D )

your car is pretty loud ill tell ya that much.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                    moses, i think i saw you tonight at the track. i wasnt sure if it was you though so i didnt come over and talk to you. i saw you run once. 15.8 @ IIRC 88ish.

track was packed as hell and i only got 2 runs. neither worth worth mentioning, the first i launched horrid and the second i just wanted to leave so bad i didnt really care, i just wanted to get to the end of the track so i could get the hell out of there!! (although i did whip up on a mustang pretty bad that run :D )

your car is pretty loud ill tell ya that much.

Yes! I was mad at the 15.8. lol I bogged the motor off the line, I went up against a yellow cobalt.

It's alright, I ran a 15.53 ( I think ) @89.65mph when they cleared the staging lines. I felt better.

Yeah...I call it the chainsaw on stereoids, running open downpipe probably isn't helping my 1/4 mile either.

Comment

yeah I forgot to post the slips...

1st run
                      R/T - .7040

60ft - 2.4829

330ft - 6.8159

et@594ft - 9.6870

1/8 et - 10.3288

1/8 mph - 70.11

1/4 et - 15.8749

1/4 mph - 88.78

2nd run

R/T - 1.0979

60ft - 2.2261

330ft - 6.5049

et@594ft - 9.3641

1/8 et - 10.0021

1/8 mph - 70.52

1/4 et - 15.5349

1/4 mph - 89.63

Almost 90 mph trap speed. :(

'er I think it's almost time to start modding my car hardk0re.

Comment

what r ur mods? a4 or m5? what year is it? does it have stock rims?
                        congrats.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

he's M5. stock wheels. and minimal mods.

(:thinking to myself:... why the hell does it seem like i know everyone on this ****ing sites' setups?)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                            he's M5. stock wheels. and minimal mods.

(:thinking to myself:... why the hell does it seem like i know everyone on this ****ing sites' setups?)
                            because it's not hard to forget mine! lol.

I have about...470 miles to go and I hit 200,000 mi. :(

Comment

its not just yours. i think off hand without much thought i could list the setups of probably 40 cars off this site roughly.

you still have that block you bought?

Follow me!
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X