First time at the track and man am i depressed - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time at the track and man am i depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time at the track and man am i depressed

Well it was my first time at the dragstrip and man am i depressed. I ended up running low 16's all day. I was really hopin i would be in the fifteens but i guess not this time. I own an '02 3.8 auto with the following mods: ZZP GT1 cam, Flowmaster catback, K&N FIPK, 160 drilled stat, SLP manual fan switch, 3.42 gear. I just don't get it. Now i am pretty sure i can answer my own question here but i would like everybodys input on this. I am still running the stock tune with this cam, would not having the car tuned yet explain the cars performance? Or do i just own a slower v6 F-Body? Any input would be a big help! Thanks oh ya it was about 83 out today

First pass

R/T............ .438

60'............. 2.269

330............ 6.632

1/8............. 10.388

MPH............ 66.20

1000........... 13.573

1/4............. 16.310

MPH............ 81.62

Second pass

R/T............ .662

60'............. 2.249

330............ 6.621

1/8............. 10.366

MPH............ 66.55

1000........... 13.534

1/4............. 16.250

MPH............ 82.43

Third pass

R/T............ .156

60'............. 2.276

330............ 6.670

1/8............. 10.461

MPH............ 65.66

1000........... 13.669

1/4............. 16.418

MPH............ 81.30
    Last edited by Pewter02Camaro; 07-15-2007, 10:38 PM.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Re: First time at the track and man am i depressed

I'm not sure on this, but how was the weather and such? Did you spin any or do you think you could have launched better?
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
      I'm not sure on this, but how was the weather and such? Did you spin any or do you think you could have launched better?
      just editied my post above, lol, it was about 83 today
      no tire spin, runnin ss rims with eagle f1 tires
      brought the car up to 2500 rpm while holding the brake and let off the brake when it was green, didn't get a chance to just try flooring it instead.

Comment

Next time try higher rpms until you start to spin... also did you have anything to weigh the car more like a sound system or such? I don't know why the times are so slow... I've never ran my firebird but I know most people get int he 15's so I'm asking a few question that way someone else can chime in to help.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Thats as high as they will go i think. it didn't seem to want to rev much past that.i had to have the brake pedal mashed to the floor to keep from inching forward, so the car wants to go real bad but just doesn't seem to perform as well as i had hoped. maybe try just standing on it next time?

Comment

You might wanna seafoam the car and such... I mean I don't know what kind of condition your car is in. You may have some sort of tuning problem or maybe some injector problems...

Comment

i have seafoamed the car before and it didn't do much, wasn't dirty inside. so it didn't make much smoke at all. i only run 93 octane use mobil 1 synthetic which i change quite often. i am really starting to think that the computer can't handle the cam running on a stock tune. and the car has just recently started throwing cylinder bank 1 running lean codes at me latley
              Last edited by Pewter02Camaro; 07-15-2007, 11:00 PM.

Comment

get those 60s down foo

u could be high 14s after a tune and some practice

Comment

dude youre trapping what a stock 3.4 traps.

something isnt right.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                    get those 60s down foo

Would finding a better way to launch the car improve the 60 foot times?
                    Well i guess it's time to get the car tuned finally...

Comment

ya, lauching would def help those 60 foots

and a tune can sometimes work wonders...

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                        get those 60s down foo

he cut 2.2's his first time out, thats not bad at all for street tires. like other have said, that trap is really low, something isnt right. i trap at 90 with just bolt ons and 3.23 gears and crappy launches.

you'd shocked at what a tune will do for you, more so sense you have a cam. i have no clue why you'd show lean on cylinder one.

do you have stock injectors? FMU? bigger fuel pump? give us more detail about your set-up. personally id get the car tuned first.
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro
                          I am still running the stock tune with this cam, would not having the car tuned yet explain the cars performance?
                          Bingo...this is all anyone has to read to figure out what the problem is. Aftermarket cams need tuning...mild tuning will make it more liveable, extensive tuning will get you your money's worth. Also, your fueling may be the culprit. What grade gas are you using? what size injectors? what type of fuel pump?

Comment

i feel your pain and yea you need to get that thing tunned pronto!!! i got the same problem, i got the 97 y87 proformance package i put a full cold air on it a magnaflow cat back and a b&m shift kit in it. right now i am running a anywhere from a 15.95 to a 16.4. and my car also is saying lean and missfires in multiple cylinders, you have to get it tunned as well as i do, i know once you get it taken care of you will be low 15's and i should be about mid 15's, just make sure u got to a good reliable dyno shop

Comment

Your car is not running right. Get a tune and make sure you've taken care of your lean #1 (tune might fix that). THEN go to the track.
                              1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X