Auto-xing for the first time tomorrow! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto-xing for the first time tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-xing for the first time tomorrow!

So I'm going auto-xing for the first time tomorrow, just like the title says. And I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks or friendly reminders? Thanks in Advance.

P.S Im very excited!

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Re: Auto-xing for the first time tomorrow!

Originally posted by flyfrito_SS
    So I'm going auto-xing for the first time tomorrow, just like the title says. And I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks or friendly reminders? Thanks in Advance.

P.S Im very excited!
    how'd it go?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Went well, I figured out my tires sucked......but I had a good time and will do it again. Here is a pic:

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Glad you had fun. I hope you don't get addicted like I have, it gets expensive fast... just like HP mods.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

tires will get you everytime! i recommend getting 17s to ride on everyday with a decent tire, and using your 16s for slicks at the autox. just a thought. hope you had fun! i plan on doing one on the 29th, i'm really looking forward to it! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Disruptore4
            tires will get you everytime! i recommend getting 17s to ride on everyday with a decent tire, and using your 16s for slicks at the autox. just a thought. hope you had fun! i plan on doing one on the 29th, i'm really looking forward to it! :cool:
            Actually 17's would be much better for autocrossing than 16's, 16's just aren't wide enough unless you go with custom 2 or 3 piece race wheels. And then you have to find wide 16" tires... 17x9.5 Z06 replicas all around with 275/40-17 sticky tires (like Nitto NT-01's and the like) makes for a good autocrossing setup (provided you have upgraded the shocks and F/R antiroll bars.) Only other thing that is really necessary is good brake pads - Hawk HP+ front and Hawk HPS rear is an excellent combination for autocross or Roadcourse duty.

If strapped for cash though just get really good tires for the 16's (245/50-16 size) and drive it as is. A set of 17x9.5 wheels Z-06 replicas, set of 275/40-17 NT-01's, and Hawk HP+/HPS brake setup will run you nearly $1200.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/vracer111\" target=\"_blank\">My \'98 Camaro</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.honda-tech.com/garage?cmd=viewcar&id=1223\" target=\"_blank\">My \'98 Tacoma</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X