New bests n/a and on nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bests n/a and on nitrous

went 13.53 at 100.2 (went 101.7 later) n/a. I was DAMN happy about that. It was the first time trapping 100+ n/a and now I know the car will go 13.4s when I drop back to my 26" drag radials. This is on stock heads, stock intakes, and stock rockers....not too shabby, and at 3300 pounds.

On nitrous I went 12.2 at 109.3 with a 100 shot. It would've been an 11 second pass but the 2-3 shift just didnt shift and bounced off the limiter and I had to totally let off the nitrous and let out of the gas some so it'd shift and I hit it again in 3rd...so I hae no doubt that this car will do 11s on the 100 shot.

To give you an idea of how bad the shift was, on the 80 shot at the 1/8th mile I was trapping 88-89mph...on the 100 shot and bouncing off the rev limiter it only trapped 85. As soon as the problem is fixed this car is running 11s on just a 100 shot...I'm totally psyched about that.

Also, on about 5 of the 8 runs i did I was pulling the tire up. A professional photographer got a picture of the tire about 3 inches off the ground, and a buddy of mine got a picture of lance (wickedsix) and I lined up next to each other both launching at the exact time and both picking the wheels up...its pretty slick.

The DA was about 1400
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Re: New bests n/a and on nitrous

Awesome! We're about to have a third 11-second beast. :)
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Thanks

:cracks knuckles: and I think that officially makes me the second fastest n/a car now too now that I passed little g's time of 13.584 or whatever it was.

The slip looked like this:
      1.83 60 (weak)
      5.516 330
      8.599 1/8th mile
      79.35 1/8th mph
      11.275 1000
      13.5336 1/4 @ 100.0 mph

I ran a 13.59 right before that (which upset me because I wanted to take little g's spot...so the 13.5 wasnt a fluke. This was all with the belt on also with full accessories.

I'm going to do some tuning on the shift points and go out next weekend for hopefully an 11.8 pass on the 100 shot and a 13.4 on motor.

On the 120rwhp shot its going to be a beast (needs to shift first though)

Comment

You'll def pull a better '60 with DRs. What are you shooting for, 1.5-1.6?

Any idea why the shift missed so badly?
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

I am on drag radials, 27" mickey thompson 255 et street radials.

However, they are taking too much of my gear due ot the height and I need to drop back down to a 26" which will get me back into the 1.7 60s on motor that I need to be doing.

On nitrous I'm already seeing 1.60 60's consistantly. They would've been 1.5s but I had a LITTLE less air than I wanted and it wasnt leaving quite as hard as I needed (I was around 27psi and should've been 30psi) On motor the tires were 30psi for every run which was too low also...should've pumped em up to around 32. I'll get all that taken care of next time...I was VERY happy with my times. The reason I had less air in was because the last time I went ot this track NO ONE hooked. They prepped it well this time though.

The shift is missing because it hits the rev limiter too fast and it kills the motor trying to search for the shift.

Comment

OIC now, I should have read that better. Saw your pic pulling the tire, he did get a damn nice shot.

What's the solution, lower the shift point a little?

Good luck.

OH btw: submit that biotch, you just took the #6 spot!
            Last edited by Camarorulz; 02-18-2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I'll raise the rev limiter higher and see if that helps to not bounce off it first.

I dont have a picture of the timeslip, so I can't submit it. I'll try to snap one with my digital later.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X