Brake Stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Stalling

Well I got out and experimented a little yesterday with this, I have an A4 with the stock torque converter so it can only get up to about 2000 rpms before the tires break loose. But anyways, the thing is, when I let off the brake, I have absolutely no tire spin or even chirping, the front end just lifts up a bit (which feels awesome btw :banana: ) and i take off. I know this sounds like a good thing, because you want your tires to hook, but I thought I'd at least have a little problem getting traction.

Comments?
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: Brake Stalling

oh and I have a 99 v6 y87 with 3.42's and lsd. only performance mods are K&N intake and a magnaflow catback.
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

well if u have pretty new tires.. then u wont much because of the tires and the lsd.

Comment

wait till you tack on a few more performance mods...then lets talk traction

Comment

i got a 96 Y87 3.42. w/ stock tires I would break them loose really easy. I got some 9.5 C5 and now its down to a little chirp (depending on pavement)
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

im sure theres a little bit of spinage just not much. but that is what you want anyways.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Yep, you want to spin enough to get you going rolling and keep your rpms way up, but not so much that you really light em up.
              Dead hooking is a bad thing.
              Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Sounds exactly how my 00 3.42 LSD Firebird used to launch. Would run a consistent 2.0x 60' on street tires. Take it to the track and find out!
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X