1/4 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 times

1st of all heres the list of whats been done to my car...

cai
    hi-flow cat
    flowmaster 40 dual

3.8l a4
    open diff.
    what would my car run in the 1/4 and 1/8? some ricer claimed he ran a 17 and beat a v6 camaro in the process and says my car wont run 15's but isnt 15's normal? btw what would be the best way to get a good launch in 1 of these open diff. 3.8's?

Re: 1/4 times

car would probably be in the 16's.....open diff and gears being the killer.

best way to launch is to practice.....you want the most traction without too much wheel hop and tire spin.

Comment

ugh i always hear on these cars u just put it in 1st and hold the brakes to the floor and rev it up to 1.5k-2k rpm's and nail it that a good way? but 16's?? yuck makes me not even want to try it at the strip

Comment

i personally wouldnt put it in gear, but some people do....wont help really, and can do more damage than good.

Comment

The ricer may have raced a 3.4 b/c those run 16-17's.

But yeah, drag racing takes practice. With a good launch and good running motor, you should run mid 15's, but the only way to know is to go to a track and do it. :)
          sigpic
          1997 Camaro RS A4
          2006 Chevy Colorado
          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

well whats worste? putting it in gear or nuetral rev then drive? how do most people launch in a auto? is all i really wanna know as far as launch goes

Comment

Put it in D, hold the brake, rev to ~1600 rpm's (light turns green), let off the brake and mash the gas. This is called brake stalling.

You will have to play with it a lil bit and see what works best for the rpms, depends on the condition of the tires. Balder tires....lower rpm stall, stickier/newer tires...higher rpms.

Dont rev it high in neutral then drop it into gear, thats VERY harsh on the shifter and tranny.
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

i'd say mid-15's on a good day

Comment

It's a friggin blast to brake stall it like shodown described. You should be able to get it right around 1800 in stock form before it starts to try and pull away. If you get some green def step up to a lim slip and taller gears. Practice makes perfect.
                  Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

since your open i assume 3.08's and stock converter?

and the biggest problem with drag racing an auto is the shifting, you gotta let off a little before each shift so its not so delayed(at least that helps me)

and i'd stall it up right in between 1500 and 2000, then when it turns green just slam the gas, probably not gonna spin much, even on street tires.

i'd say mid-high 15's on a good day.

red oak is near dallas right? what track are you going to??
                    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

Originally posted by redbird00
                      since your open i assume 3.08's and stock converter?

and the biggest problem with drag racing an auto is the shifting, you gotta let off a little before each shift so its not so delayed(at least that helps me)

and i'd stall it up right in between 1500 and 2000, then when it turns green just slam the gas, probably not gonna spin much, even on street tires.

i'd say mid-high 15's on a good day.

red oak is near dallas right? what track are you going to??
                      lol south of dallas yes and thats a very good question it would be nice to race at texas motorplex but idk when or if u can race there other then that idk what other 1/4 miles there are around here mainly 1/8 miles and btw i usaully dont have to let off for my car to shift it usaully shifts right at 5k rpms

Comment

if your shift points are right (which they should be on a stock tune in stock form) don't let off the gas or do anything weird to try to get it to where you "*think** it should shift. The computer can shift gears much better than you can.
                        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz
                          if your shift points are right (which they should be on a stock tune in stock form) don't let off the gas or do anything weird to try to get it to where you "*think** it should shift. The computer can shift gears much better than you can.
                          I was about to post the very same thing :tup:
                          sigpic
                          1997 Camaro RS A4
                          2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

pretty sure it is unless 5k isnt normal shift points

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                              pretty sure it is unless 5k isnt normal shift points
                              Depends on what gear its in.
                              sigpic
                              1997 Camaro RS A4
                              2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X