Went to Pueblo Motorsports Park earlier this month, but not with the camaro... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to Pueblo Motorsports Park earlier this month, but not with the camaro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to Pueblo Motorsports Park earlier this month, but not with the camaro...

PUEBLO MOTORSPORTS PARK (4600 foot elevation)

Went on Vacation to Colorado at the beginning of this month and my brother and I hit up Pueblo Motorsports Park in his Integra while we were there. Before the going to Pueblo Motorsports Park, my brother and I had just completed a few mods (new and relocated battery, custom intake, and custom exhaust - Magnaflow 2" in/out with downturn tip off my Camaro welded on.) The integra makes about stock power (engine untouched) but has been lightened some (2350lbs with full load of fuel)... it can keep up with my V6 Camaro from a dead stop in the 1/4 mile now.

Pictures of the new mods (except exhaust):

The Integra was prepared before we left Texas for a track day and we went over everything major and check it again before going out on the track. I took it out for three reconnaissance laps to get a feel for the track and then pulled in to let my brother get in the passenger seat. After about 4 laps I come in to the pits so we can switch out. I smell some "burnt clutch" and notice the pads are smoking a little and the discs are hot. Even at 40-50 degrees ambient temperature the Axis Ultimates can't handle heavy braking duty (this is the first time it was taken on a roadcourse, so I can see a need for brake cooling/upgrades before we take the Integra to MSR-Houston.) So we take it easy on the brakes and progressively get faster around the track. End up having a fun time going on the "uphill" run ( turns 5-7) and are able to stay on the gas until braking for 2nd into turn 7. Turn 1 exit through Turn 2 is also fun to get right… had to get on my brother for a few laps about apexing too early in 2 and pushing wide at exit. Pretty soon he had it nailed though, and was able to go full throttle through it without pushing wide. We both think PMP is a fun track, but it would have been fun to have a braking system on the Integra that would have allowed for constant hard braking (didn't have any fade issues either, just some smoking pads after the first few exploratory laps). For $60 it's definitely worth 4 hours of track time all to yourself…

Here is a shot of my brother and the Integra at PMP:

And last, but not least, some videos we took from some of the early laps:

Main straight drive by of the Integra

Incar footage of me driving

In-car of my brother

In-car (dash focused) of my brother
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/vracer111\" target=\"_blank\">My \'98 Camaro</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.honda-tech.com/garage?cmd=viewcar&id=1223\" target=\"_blank\">My \'98 Tacoma</a>

Re: Went to Pueblo Motorsports Park earlier this month, but not with the camaro...

I wish my camaro was that lite. 2300lbs my car would fly.

Comment

Re: Went to Pueblo Motorsports Park earlier this month, but not with the camaro...

nice write-up. cool-a$$ videos too!!!

$60?? Damn, thats cheap! I wonder what Limerock would charge for 4 hours.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X