First time out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time out!

well next weekend im going to take the camaro to the track for the first time. right now its an all stock 98 camaro y87 with 67k on the clock im hoping for low 10's im going with a friend and he has a 99 or so merc. cougar v6 5spd adn he went and ran about a 10.4 or 10.5 and i can easily pull a car to a car and a half on him. so any advice on launching or anything realy free mods i can do till then? i know if i stall it up all i do is spin for the first 10ft or so. well any advice will be helpful

Re: First time out!

i hope you kidding about getting low 10s.... a stock camaro is a 15 sec car... i imagine a cougar is around the same
    1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

im sorry i ment to say its an 1/8mile track!

Comment

come on i know someone much have some advice. im going to try and getthere early so i can practice to see how the car feels on the track. i usually have a decent amout of wheelspin when im out just messin around and especially when im launching it hard so im gona try a few diff techniques and see what works best before elemination starts i guess

Comment

is it a auto or 5-spd? work on ur launches

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

^^ Yes, the launch will determine how the rest of the run will be. 5 spd or auto is huge bit of info that is needed to give you any advice.
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado
            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

its an auto.

Comment

hold the brake, rev up as high as you can without the tires breaking loose. when you see the 3rd yellow, let off the brake, dont floor the gas yet, ease into it, as soon as you are sure you have traction, let that thing rip.
                2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                2006 S60- Sold
                2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

well when i launch it now thats what i do is hold brake and gas and stall it up and im able to about 3k those disc rears hold good! lol anyway when i do i spin for atleast first 10-15 ft i was surprised for being a stock v6. well tonight i went to start it and as soon as i did it started shaking and sputtering then check engine light came on so i took it to autozone and its cyl. 4 misfire so im asuming another coil pack went bad:bs: second one in less than 30days well anyway im taking it to the shop tomarrow so hopefully ill get it fixed but if its too much ima have to wait since i am going to get a tranny for the trans am this week and ive been waiting on one all summer

Comment

hey abought your coils are they shorting out? if they are check the plug wires that go over your intake and see if any are worn through that could caus it to short
                    if so change them and the coil
                    it solved my mifire problem

Comment

well the first time it was the one for the no.6cyl and these things are hard as hell to getto the damn plugs and wires

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                        Low Voltage
                        by Vladimir Gecko
                        I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                        2 hours ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        5 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X