Help me decrease this 60ft. time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decrease this 60ft. time

Ok As some of you know, i just raced last weekend and my best 60ft. was a 1.91. I was launching real close to 4000rpm and I was running MT ET streets with 4.10s and posi.

What are your suggestions to drop the 60ft.?

When i launch at 4000 it hooks pretty good, it feels like it hesitates for a sec right around 4200 or so then goes all the way to 6500 redline.

Any comments welcome....i wanna know how people are cutting 1.7s
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: Help me decrease this 60ft. time

Well your #1 thing will be practice. Try launching at different RPMs, NO bog, no/minimal spin = good launch

Everyone's cars are slightly different!

What size MTs? and what mods do you have done?

Comment

They are 26x10.5x16s.

I have P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, CAI, headers full exhaust with !cat. I have a texas speed tune, subframe connectors and a takeoff Z28 rear end with 4.10s. Those are the major ones.

So u think a launch at 3000 could be just as effective as launching at 4000?
      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Your goal will be to launch right at the beginning of your power band. With those mods your power band is probably well beyond 3k and with a 10" wide tire you should have no problem hooking at a higher RPM. The problem with this if you go for a 4500-5000 rpm dump you risk destroying the T5/Rear, but I"m willign to bet you'd cut better times.

TO be 100% certain you can get your car dyno'd and see where your powerband begins so you know where to launch somewhat like matching a stall converter to your powerband.

Comment

Well we will see, its tough to tell where my redline is after i got the cam and head installed. I just shift at 6500 and hope for the best. I dont think ill launch at 5000....thats a disaster waiting to happen, but ur right id probably cut some better times. we will see

Comment

With them tires it will be hard to make them work, however, the best ET's you'll ever get are with a little bit of tire spin. If it bogs any, you're killing the ET's. Air the tires up to 25 psi to start. They're really overkill for a NA 6 cylinder.
            <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

I did play with the pressure a lot, i ended up having to go down to 15.5psi to get any kinda traction off the line. I just wanna know how guys on this board are pulling 1.7s

Comment

Like I said, dead hooking is NOT what you want. It needs to spin 2-3 revolutions and its hard to see a NA V6 having hooking issues with an ET Street. My best 60' with my old 5 speed was a 1.74 with a BFG Drag Radials.
                <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

ur saying that a NA v6 should have no trouble hooking with an ET Street?

what kinda launch did u use when u hit the 1.7?

Comment

I was leaving at around 5500 and dumping the clutch.

Comment

im gonna blow out my rear end doing that man. but i guess i could give it a try??

Comment

Keep running 1.9 60's then. Thats the only way to go quick with a manual transmission.

Comment

when i went to the track the temp was like 85-90 degrees out, in the fall when its cool will my time come down u think? Ive heard that the temp dioesnt effect cars with fuel injection

Comment

Air has everything to do with the performance of ANY internal combustion engine regardless if its carbureted or fuel injected. Your 60' will come down with better air I just don't know about .2.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                              Low Voltage
                              by Vladimir Gecko
                              I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                              1 hour ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              5 days ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X