First Time Running The 3.4 tonight...MAD - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Running The 3.4 tonight...MAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Running The 3.4 tonight...MAD

I have Flowmasters....and A K&N FIPK....auto
    I ran 7 times

Ran A Best Time Of 17.45 @ 75.4
    Best 60ft was 2.344
    I ran my best time against an old V8 TPI Caprice
    which i beat 2 times

But i am very very dissapointed in my times. i thougth stock 3.4s could even pull off mid 16's??

Re: First Time Running The 3.4 tonight...MAD

yeah, stock when new like 11-12yrs ago

well your 60fts aren't far from good so there might not be much improvement from there. How many miles do you have? I'm ganna guess a lot and use that as a default excuse.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

My friend used to have a 93 3.4 automatic and ran a 16.6@81 with just a Flowmaster muffler and a K&N filter. His 60' wasn't as good as yours either (2.45). I think that was right around 100K miles. It's definitely possible to run 16s, but your trap speed looks a bit low too. What were the conditions like?
      <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

If you could post the weather conditions when you were running and your full timeslip.

Also do you have any extra weight in the car like a stereo system etc.?

Comment

My Car Is an Auto...it only has 54,000 miles on it...It has flowmasters and K&N FIPK....

Heres My Best Time Slip

R/T .462
          60' 2.344
          330 7.228
          1/8 11.264
          MPH 61.06
          1000 14.645
          1/4 17.45 My Slowest Time Was 17.98 pretty bad
          MPH 75.46

I think there may be somthing wrong with my car.. it was a pretty hot night .. maybe around 75*to 80* out

was i launching wrong...id hold the break and and give it a little gas to where its just up to about 1500 to 2000 rpm

I took almost every car in 60'ft I raced out the hole...i beat an srt-4..Mustang GT..and a LT1 Z28..but of course after the 60FT i got passed

My car after about the 7th run started smoking so im guessing theres somthing wrong with my car...because i saw this guy on the streets with a exhaust only 3.4 firebird and it seemd like it has twice as much of a pull and power as my 3.4??
          Last edited by WhiteCamaro32; 06-29-2006, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I have a full stereo system....2 MTX Thunder 9500...but i take them out before i race...also my wheels that i have arent really racing wheels they are more looks...i have gienelles...they are chrome...19 in the back...really deep dished...and 18 in the front..with nitto 555R's

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteCamaro32
              I have a full stereo system....2 MTX Thunder 9500...but i take them out before i race...also my wheels that i have arent really racing wheels they are more looks...i have gienelles...they are chrome...19 in the back...really deep dished...and 18 in the front..with nitto 555R's
              those wheels are part of your problem. too much rotating mass. knock down to stock size or 17's for racing and the time should drop
              '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
              Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro-3.8
                those wheels are part of your problem. too much rotating mass. knock down to stock size or 17's for racing and the time should drop
                i have the factorys and a pair of 17's...im planning on putting the 17's back on for tomorrows runs and see if my time drops...but does any1 think my car might be over heating or loosing power..because when i got my oil changed the guy said my frion was low...also what about the white smoke?

Comment

Have you checked the coolant level? When was the last time you had a raidator flush?
                  sigpic
                  1997 Camaro RS A4
                  2006 Chevy Colorado
                  2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

what you call frion is used in your air conditoner for your car.

Your tranny could have been overheating as well with those heavy wheels. Its just about the equivalent of replacing your steel driveshaft with a lead one. 60 pounds of rotational weight will kill MPH. Thin sidewalls on your tires kill launch as well.

Spending time on the starting line will increase tranny temp when you hold the brake and the gas at the same time. Dont get on the gas untill the lights start to drop down.

Also if nobody you raced could beat a 2.3 60' foot the track prep sucked as well. Sounds like a bad day at the track.
                    Last edited by 85DropTopTA; 06-30-2006, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Yeah..guess those wheels would cause some slower times but 17's arent all that bad for an older almost unmodded car , last week i took my 91RS LT1 to the track and there was mostly only ricers and i couldnt find one that was under 16seconds and they have lots of work and money in to their car. also was the 1st time running my LT1 (Cammed,Forged Rods+Pistons,P&P everything lol , 150 wet) 11.92 (the car is empty tho so i think if i woulda had it fully loaded like stock woulda been about 12.3-12.4)

Comment

Originally posted by 85DropTopTA
                        what you call frion is used in your air conditoner for your car.

Your tranny could have been overheating as well with those heavy wheels. Its just about the equivalent of replacing your steel driveshaft with a lead one. 60 pounds of rotational weight will kill MPH. Thin sidewalls on your tires kill launch as well.

Spending time on the starting line will increase tranny temp when you hold the brake and the gas at the same time. Dont get on the gas untill the lights start to drop down.

Also if nobody you raced could beat a 2.3 60' foot the track prep sucked as well. Sounds like a bad day at the track.

i didnt mean nobody i raced could beat my 2.3 i ment that the regular cars i raced besides like blown 307's and 454's...like the srt-4 and the 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
                          Have you checked the coolant level? When was the last time you had a raidator flush?

when i had my oild changed the guy at jiffy lube told me i needed one badly and my coolent level was low...but he said it was $150 so i said ill just do it later. could this have an effect on my car?

Comment

I definately wouldnt be racing a car that needs any maintenance, ESPECIALLY if it needed a radiator flush.

Plus like everyone else said, get smaller wheels without lowpro tires.
                            sigpic
                            1997 Camaro RS A4
                            2006 Chevy Colorado
                            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

wow thats horrible. but gotta remember the age of the car :(
                              Dave:
                              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X