Heater core gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater core gone

I spent 3 hours today and now it is gone.

Previously I removed the blower motor and misc other bits for about 5 -6 bls gone.

Today the entire heater core, ducting and remaining sound deadening on the fire wall was removed.

Total weight 34 lbs today.

I spilled coolant on the ground so there is a bit more weight there that is not accounted for.

Also, the coolant lines from the water pump to the heater core are still in the car. I don't have a big enough star (hex) bit to remove the bracket holding them in. I expect another 5+ lbs there also.

I haven't weighed the bird in ages.

I would expect this will put me in the 27XX lbs finally..... and under 3,000 race weight (minus bottles of course).

I need to fab up a block off plate.... maybe remove the braket on the back of the passenger side of the block.... possibly relocate the battery to where the heater core was..... and just clean up the interior.... its a mess!!!!

I'll post pic's soon.

I'm tired.
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Re: Heater core gone

cool dude
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6

I spilled coolant on the ground so there is a bit more weight there that is not accounted for.I'm tired.
      theres not much more you can rip out is there?
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

geez, please just run the thing at the track before it is just an engine on a frame with a bucket strapped to it.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

^ and two nitrous bottles
          Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
          New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            geez, please just run the thing at the track before it is just an engine on a frame with a bucket strapped to it.
            Um, summer heat/ humidity is here...... so why try? I wouldn't put down incredible et's in this weather

And...... htere is a hell of a lot more..... if I want to/ can afford to.
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X