1st Run Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Run Ever

Well i did my first run tonight at Carolina Dragway Jackson, SC. I have a basically stock 98 Camaro with 85k miles. I have a k&n and Free ram air. Here is my slip.
    r/t .130
    60 2.440:mad:
    330 6.976
    1/8 10.677
    MPH 66.89
    1000 13.829
    1/4 16.491:mad:
    MPH 83.79
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Re: 1st Run Ever

Why only one run?
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Crowded and got thier late
      98 Mystic Teal Camaro
      Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

Ahhh, gotcha.

Just takes practice, keep trying! :)
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

im guessing open 3.08s?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Even with open 3.08's you can get down into low 2.3 60s with practice...just keep it up and try going when the weather is cooler...you will see much better times.
            Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Don't feel bad, and don't run it again in the heat of summer. The first time I ran my car it was in the middle of summer and i pulled out an amazing 16.8! With a little practice (and 3.42s) I got it down into the 15s easily.
              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Well thats sort of ridiculous advice.
                Definatley run it again in the summer and run it as much as you can.

Practice is worth more than you would think...and then when you do get better weather you'll be ready to make some good runs.
                Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by FloydSummerOf68
                  Practice is worth more than you would think...and then when you do get better weather you'll be ready to make some good runs.
                  definitely..my first ever season racing i took a full half second off my ET just by practicing my launch and short time..when i had the open 3.08 i was able to cut 2.1 60's on street tires and 18" rims..so dont sweat it man..soooo much can be done with a little more practice (because the track is WAY different than the street) and dropping that 60'

<b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Well thats sort of ridiculous advice.
                    Definatley run it again in the summer and run it as much as you can.

quoted for truth. summer is perfect for practice. everyone knows times go down hill in the summer due to heat and humidity. so everyone goes out and practices for the good weather in the fall. :)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

Even with open 3.08's you can get down into low 2.3 60s with practice...

I ran a 60' of 2.125 in my 98 firebird.. i think it had 3.08s

i was the left one..

<b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2288859\" target=\"_blank\">1999 Mustang GT(Car Domain)</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123740\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Pontiac Firebird(Car Domain) *SOLD*</a></b> <br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000902\" target=\"_blank\"><b>PA</b> - Maple Grove Test\'N\'Tune <i>April 15th</i></a>

Comment

with a stick you have 3.23 i believe.

but that aint a bad time. Very good MPH just a hair under 90. mine usually crosses about 85 @ 15.7's. i had one freak run at 88 @ 15.58.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X