ET Streets or Street Radials???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET Streets or Street Radials???

I am planning on getting some drag tires dedicated soley for track use.

I plan on putting them on the stock salad shooters.

My question is whether I should use the ET Streets 26 x 10.5 x 16 or should I use the ET Street radials 255/50-16.
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: ET Streets or Street Radials???

If its strictly for track I would get ET Streets. Radials weigh more. But there may be a reason to go another way on that.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

throw some pros and cons at me, i gotta order these by early next week.

Like I said, all I plan on doing is throwing them on right at the track, if i go with the Et streets, can I take it somewhere and have them balanced no problem?
      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Depends what you plan on in the future. If you're only going to run NA, the drag radials will run quicker becasue the ET Streets will be too much tire as far as traction. But like mentioned earlier, the drag radials will weigh atleast 10 lbs more per tire than the ET streets.
        <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

You said the drag radials? do you mean the ET street radials that thunderracing offers? if so, why would they be quicker than the ET streets? And yes i am always NA.

Comment

I think again not sure, the main difference is the ET Streets are not belted, therefore they compress far more, so it causes you to use alot more power before you get them to expand so you drive normally, where as a radial would have belts holding its shape under weight better. Picture is launcing on a tire with 5psi vs 25psi.

I'm really not sure here, but I would guess thats where the difference is. Someone else?
            1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Ok so i just got off the phone with thunderracing and they said in terms off track use the ET Streets will hook about as good as the ET street radials but he reccommends the street radials because you can drive them on other roads besides the track....what do u guys think. I have 4.10s and I need to hook, no if ans or buts

Comment

What kind of mods do you have? I wouldn't go with et streets unless you got some major power. I run drag radials on my T/A and its only pushing 345rwhp.
                <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Depends on whether or not you are planning on adding a lot more power to the car in the future. If you are going to be racing a lot and will keep modifying the car to make it run 12's get the ET Streets. If you are done modifying the car and it only runs low 15's to somewhere in the 14's, get the drag radials. I've had both. The DR's were good for me until I started hitting low 13's to high 12's. After that, it was ET Streets all the way.
                  2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                  1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                  2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Ok, well my mods are basic CAI and exhaust with headers and !cat with 2.5" piping. I have 4.10s with LSD. I have ported and polished heads with the GT2 cam. I have a texas speed tune. I have a B&M ripper and my car is a M5.

Right now I have Z06 rims with 275/40 tires, but with the 4.10s I cant really launch the thing at all. I wanna raise it to like 2500 and just drop the hammer. Im guessing that my quarter mile is low 14s

Comment

OK so I think ive decided on the ET Streets. What do I need to know now about tubes? are they required or can I by the tire straight form the website and balance them on the salad shooters?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
                        Depends on whether or not you are planning on adding a lot more power to the car in the future. If you are going to be racing a lot and will keep modifying the car to make it run 12's get the ET Streets. If you are done modifying the car and it only runs low 15's to somewhere in the 14's, get the drag radials. I've had both. The DR's were good for me until I started hitting low 13's to high 12's. After that, it was ET Streets all the way.
                        that use to be the case

I run the DR and DD them (till the motor blew) the car on those no problems running low 12's.... only spun one time when track prep sucked bad (really really really bad)

the MT ET street RADIALS HOOk HARD, people have pulled 1.4 60's on them
                        Last edited by Turbo V6 Camaro; 06-09-2006, 05:12 PM.
                        www.turbov6camaro.com
                        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X