b18b 95 integra vs. 3.4 v6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b18b 95 integra vs. 3.4 v6 Firebird

My brother inlaw has a 95 integra that has a a b18b 4 cylinder put in it. It is a 5 speed manual with intake, headers and exhaust. I have a 94 v6 Firebird with the 3.4 in it, just a drop in K&N Filter, and a 4 speed auto. I was wondering how close of a race could this be. I think I would take him off the line but he would quickly start walking me the rest of the way down the track. I feel that if I run it right that it could be a close race, but I feel he would beat me. What is your opinion?

Re: b18b 95 integra vs. 3.4 v6 Firebird

my opinion is quit asking questions and just go do it.

IB4TL

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

We plan on racing soon, but we don't get together too often and I am just curious to get others opinions and predictions.

Comment

ill have to say this then. off the line you'll take him(not by much). but 3.4s have absolutely no top end after 4000-4500 rpms. he'll probably pass you by 50 mph maybe sooner than that since he has some work done to it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        Or this

Comment

th b18b is a vtec engine if i remember correctly. if thats the case...hes gonna own you. i raced one with my 3.8 when i was stock and he just barely edged me out with the same modifications as the integra your gonna race. youll take him off the line by a little bit but once he hits vtec in second gear and his secondary valves open up, just wave goodbye. you wont see anything but his license plate from then on. those 1.8l vtec motors are fast especially with the 5sp and especially with how light the integra is.
          '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
          Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Who knows?

Find out and let us know
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro-3.8
              th b18b is a vtec engine if i remember correctly. if thats the case...hes gonna own you. i raced one with my 3.8 when i was stock and he just barely edged me out with the same modifications as the integra your gonna race. youll take him off the line by a little bit but once he hits vtec in second gear and his secondary valves open up, just wave goodbye. you wont see anything but his license plate from then on. those 1.8l vtec motors are fast especially with the 5sp and especially with how light the integra is.
              B18B is non-VTEC (RS, LS, GS), the B18C1 (GSR) and B18C5 (Type R) are the VTEC motors.

I ran both my autocross V6 Camaro and my brothers autocross '90 Integra RS a few months ago the drag strip. My Camaro weighed in at 3,240lbs with a nearly full tank and has a completely stock motor = 16.2lb/hp & 14.4 lb/lbft

The '90 Integra RS has stock B18A1 motor with ACT Prolite flywheel (8.8lbs) and XTC ebay stage 1 clutch with stock 5-speed LS transmission. Modified stock intake (all plumbing removed before the airbox) and exhaust (stock piping cut off after the rear axle - no muffler). Tokico Illumina's were set to 5 rear and 3 front. The Hankook RS-2 Z212 205/50-15 tires were aired up at autocross tire specs (35psi front/36psi rear). It weighed in at 2,355lbs with more than 7/8 fuel load = 17.6lb/hp & 19.5lb/lbft

My best Integra run as follows:
              R/T - .654
              60' - 2.373
              330' - 6.633
              1/8 - 10.187 @ 70.19mph
              1000' - 13.211
              1/4 - 15.798 @ 86.82mph

My best Camaro run as follows:
              R/T - .593
              60' - 2.359
              330' - 6.625
              1/8 - 10.139 @ 70.21mph
              1000' - 13.137
              1/4 - 15.637 @ 90.34mph

It's neck and neck until after the 1/8 mile (due to the acceleration the ACT Pro-lite flywheel gives the integra, which makes up for the lb/hp disadvantage - and if you noticed the 60' and 330' times the Integra was gaining on the Camaro...), then the Camaros top end helped edge it out by .161 seconds. Of course I had a more optimal tire setup than the integra, need to rerun something more drag friendly on the Integra. A '92-'93 B18A motor in that car would have kept up with the camaro though (10 more hp than the '90-'91 B18A1 because of camshaft and intake revisions).
              Last edited by Vracer111; 05-25-2006, 12:47 PM.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/vracer111\" target=\"_blank\">My \'98 Camaro</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.honda-tech.com/garage?cmd=viewcar&id=1223\" target=\"_blank\">My \'98 Tacoma</a>

Comment

If he shifts right being you are pretty stock, and if he has a actually good exhaust upgrade, he should win unquestionable I would say.

If you want a little edge, when I run mine, just around 4,400 rpm I let off my gas for a second to make it shift and then kick it back down, because I HATE THAT DEAD SPOT! Infact a new cam is most deffinetly on its way to help solve that one.

But it should still be close, and fun, good luck either way, just try to keep the tires gripped on the punch, because if you loose em its not going to be pretty.
                1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

hate to tell ya nikos. its not as much the cam as it is the intake and its crap a$# excuse of 4inch runners. the heads and intake plenum are what kills the 3.4L's top end more than anything. thats why so many people are looking at the 3400 top end swap more and more these days.

Follow me!
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                    hate to tell ya nikos. its not as much the cam as it is the intake and its crap a$# excuse of 4inch runners. the heads and intake plenum are what kills the 3.4L's top end more than anything. thats why so many people are looking at the 3400 top end swap more and more these days.
                    Ohh I know that also, but I'm getting the cam soon to start the work.
                    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X