Thinking about racing at the track....tips? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about racing at the track....tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about racing at the track....tips?

My friends and I are going to the local track (Bristol Dragway) Thursday. I wasn't gonna race, just watch, but now that I think about it I feel like I have to do it just to see what i'd run. I have never done anything like this before...when I race imports at red lights its just floor it when the light turns green and i'm off. I already know to take my sub out and spare tire, but what else should I do to get ready and get the best run possible? What should I set my tire pressure to, and how should I go about timing my launch with the lights and stuff? Also, my car is an automatic, how do I stall it and what do I stall it to?

Lastly, what should I expect to run? My car is a 98 w/ Y87 and 79,xxx on the clock. Flowmater exhaust, whisper lid w/ K&N filter. I also have 17" TT2's. I'd like to hit mid-low 15's if at all possible.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Re: Thinking about racing at the track....tips?

With your mods 14.9-14.7 should be possible :)

Comment

Re: Thinking about racing at the track....tips?

Somewhere in the 15's.... he is not going 14's first time out.

Check out the threads that are "stickied"

Best of luck
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X