Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for heater core to go

Yup.... it's days have been numbered.

I have removed the blower motor and climate control panel so far.... but the heavy icky heater core itself and all the vent system needs to come out.

This weekend might be a good one to start this project.

I'll post pic's and weight #'s when done. I'll make my own heater core block off plate once it is done.

I also plan on relocating the battery to where the heater core is currently. This should get some more weight off that heavy nose.

I have to rig up some way to have the coolant hoses that go to the heater core go into each other. That should be too difficult.

This project is time consuming... and I've been pushing it off... but 3 day weekends are nice!
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Re: Time for heater core to go

Originally posted by 12secondv6
    Yup.... it's days have been numbered.

I have removed the blower motor and climate control panel so far.... but the heavy icky heater core itself and all the vent system needs to come out.

This weekend might be a good one to start this project.

I'll post pic's and weight #'s when done. I'll make my own heater core block off plate once it is done.

I also plan on relocating the battery to where the heater core is currently. This should get some more weight off that heavy nose.

I have to rig up some way to have the coolant hoses that go to the heater core go into each other. That should be too difficult.

This project is time consuming... and I've been pushing it off... but 3 day weekends are nice!

everytime i see you post, i already know its going to be about something else you found to yank out. and im usaully right. when can we expect more times? you've only been ran the bird once this season right?
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Re: Time for heater core to go

:banana: weight reduction is goooooooood!

As for when am I racing next..... the summer heat is here.... no need to beat on the car in the heat.

Unless there are some nice cool nights racing might wait for me a bit.

I want to finish this heater core removal, redo the carpeting, finish off my door panels..... basically lots of interior modifications to make it racer/ james friendly :)

Who knows, if someone sneaks into the 11's then I'll prob make a couple passes here... I have 2 virtually full bottles.

I've raced twice this year?
      Once in the benz, and once attempting nitrous runs which ended up being N/A all night :(
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X