3.8 cam vs rx8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 cam vs rx8

who do you think will win the race is this friday. i will let the details in on sat. i just want to know the prob of my cam winning. i have exaust and intake. he is bone stock?

Re: 3.8 cam vs rx8

im gonna say the RX-8 will take you, its a mid 14 second car, and intake and exhaust will not give you enough power to compensate for that difference in time.
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Yeah , if you want to beat him with your car as it is right now , tell him you want to do a bracket race best out of 5 ;) thats how you beat a rotary engine they are very unconsistent so he wont be gettting the same time again and again ;)

Comment

You gave no info on the year of the RX8.

Who knows???? Race him/ her and tell us
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

The manual RX8 is a mid 14 second car with 240 (rated) hp. The auto is rated at 190 bhp. You judge.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

And if the RX8 owner stalls, spins the tires, burns the clutch or can't drive then who knows???

I hate these posts.... race and find out
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

it is a man trans. he is not the best of drivers i had to teach him how to break stand. and it is bone stock. i will race him this weekend but till then i was wondering

Comment

I'm gonna have to agree with 12secondv6 on this one: post AFTER you race, not before asking "who will win, blah blah blah." Internet racing is bs. Add some worth to this thread by racing him and posting the results!! :)
                -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

didnt Tealv6 say no more can he beat me posts?
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I raced an RX-8 from 40 mph to 120. He pulled about 2 cars on me. My car is basically full intake and exhaust; also had two friends with me...
                    But he'll beat you.
                    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

well me and the rx8 had a little prerace race last night. i do not know what he did but i distroyed him by 3 cars up to 70 mph like i said i do not know what he or i did but it was not even close. so as of right now
                      cam 1
                      rx8 0
                      Last edited by ahank1; 05-25-2006, 09:55 PM.

Comment

i dont think he knows how to drive his rx8...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                          Low Voltage
                          by Vladimir Gecko
                          I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                          3 hours ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          6 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X