Auto or Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto or Manual

I have a chance to get another car. What one would be the fastest in the quarter mile. One is a Y87 auto car with flowmaster exhaust and K&N.And the manual just has a K&N. I wont be putting any more money into them just need it to drive because of gas. Right now i am driving a heads and cam LT1 Z28 around amd gas is killing me. But i want it to still be quik so which one would you all buy if you had the chances to?

Re: Auto or Manual

Originally posted by Billy1987
    I have a chance to get another car. What one would be the fastest in the quarter mile. One is a Y87 auto car with flowmaster exhaust and K&N.And the manual just has a K&N. I wont be putting any more money into them just need it to drive because of gas. Right now i am driving a heads and cam LT1 Z28 around amd gas is killing me. But i want it to still be quik so which one would you all buy if you had the chances to?

The manual will be better on gas..........
    Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
    1996 Camaro Conv
    2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

I am not really worried about the gas mileage with them just as long as it gets above 20. Whick would be quicker is my main concern.

Comment

manuals are more fun to drive
        <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2288859\" target=\"_blank\">1999 Mustang GT(Car Domain)</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123740\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Pontiac Firebird(Car Domain) *SOLD*</a></b> <br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000902\" target=\"_blank\"><b>PA</b> - Maple Grove Test\'N\'Tune <i>April 15th</i></a>

Comment

Ill be completely honest with you, and i drive a manual as well. Like everyone says, they are more fun for sure, but an automatic is the best bet if you're just concerned with a quarter mile. However, if you want a good drag/street car, the manual offers that extra gear, so if you put in a lower gear ratio to launch quicker in the 1/4 mile, with the 5-speed you will still have decent gas mileage on the street when your not racing it. I would look at it like this, you're only going to go to the track but every so often, and odds are you will drive the car year round, so i wouldnt sacrafice fun for the track. That is just my opinion. I passed up many camaros/firebirds with t-tops and lower mileage, to get one with a 5-speed. I dunno about your area, but i looked at over 20 f-bodies and mine was the only one i found with a 5speed and a hardtop, and i got lucky and it had good mileage and the owner took great car of the entire car. Id go with the 5speed, you will be able to light up the tires a lot easier too, and drift the car around turns like the z28 could.
          Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X