NEDragway lastnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEDragway lastnight

Went to the dragway. I knew i'd be slower since I swapped the TSP Rumbler for an SS Exhaust and because of my 18 inch vette rims.

RT .653
    60 2.307
    330 6.525
    1/8 9.985
    MPH 71.31
    1000 12.971
    1/4 15.527
    MPH 88.35

That was my best run., I never ran anything but 15.5s lastnight. It feels like my shift into third is where I lost most races. I even had this cobra beat up until the 1/8 mile.
    I did run a 16.2 one run. I stalled it so hard that the rear brakes got stuck and when i launched the car started hopping like crazy until i let off the gas.

My plans are to get a cutout and some NGK Tr6s

FYI I wasnt running nitrous because the guy wasnt there to fill me up or sell me a blowdown tube.

I converted my nitrous setup to dry by putting the schraeder valve back in. Since I dont have a PSI guage I really dont want to spray excess fuel into my intake, especially before the MAF like I have it.

Where can I make some improvements?

My best ever is a 15.2 with my TSP rumbler and stock wheels.

Stock wheels will go on next wed. and a cutout is on my list of things to do.

Since there are no sigs anymore let me tell you what i've got done.
    Its an A4
    Disabled TQ Management

SS Exhaust, SLP Ram Air, Whisper lid, Hiflow Magnaflow cat, HPTuners, 3.42 LSD.

I've got a zex 82021 kit but I couldnt use it lastnight
    Last edited by teal99camaro; 04-15-2006, 09:50 AM.
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Re: NEDragway lastnight

If your 60' was something like 2.0 or 2.1, you would of ran similar or better than your best time.
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I had no wheel spin. How do i cut down my 60?
      Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

sticky tires..and try flashing the converter
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

You already have exhaust ... I probably wouldn't do the cut out.

As for putting the scrader valve back in... why? If you are running and not spraying you shouldn't have the nitrous system activated thus no fuel would flow through the lines.
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I was planning on spraying, so before i went to the track i put the valve back in so i could spray dry. The wet shot didnt seem like a good idea since i havent tapped the TB and since i have no pressure guage and my heater isnt hooked up. I want a cutout because I downgraded from a 3 inch exhaust to an SS exhaust and lost .4 because of it.. Maybe more because my 15.1 run i hadnt programed for my gears yet.

UPDATE Running Dry tomorrow
            Funny thing is, the nitrous i just got today for 3.70/lb is medical grade........ :)

Here are some pics of my launches from when i went to the drags on friday

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/623109/10
            Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X