going to the track tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to the track tomorrow

well im going to the denton 1/8 mile on friday and i have been doing ALOT of reading. took out rear seat,spare tire/jack and i feel ready to go :) but anyways im guessing im going with 40 psi in the front tires and 28ish in the back sound good?? im hoping for 15's and it would be even sweeter if i got in the mid 15's but im not keeping my hopes high. i have a questions though through all this ranting, i hear people talking about removing the front sway bar why? plz help im really going to do my best. im heading up there with a friend with a fiero gt 3.2, an eclipse gst, v6 mustang and of course my SOM a4 vert camaro. im hoping to run my own race but these guys think its about beating the guy next to you...so whatever. anymore tips before i go??
    2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Re: going to the track tomorrow

Removing the front sway removes weight off the front of the car which has a dual purpose both weight reduction and unsprung weight off the nose which helps with weight transfer to the rear wheels for better traction.

Advise from me, don't be disappointed if you run slower times, even if you have a factory freak car that can run 14s stock it takes practice.

My camaro (RIP) was into the 14s, but stock I ran a best of 15.9 and a worse of 24@40 due to some problems I was having, but practice practice practice and you should get faster each time out within the car's and weather's limits!

Comment

You won't be running 15's in the 1/8th mile. You should be high-9's to low-10's.
      1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Best of luck.

I'd avoid removing the front sway bar...... its benifit at your mod level could be negligable
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X