rpm's and launching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm's and launching

ok ive looked at some of the other treads and ive been trying to find the best rpm to launch at. alot of people here says theirs is like 1800. is that right before your wheels brake loose or just give you the best launch. i can go to like 2500-2700 before my wheels break loose. to get the best launch do i rev it up that high or just find out what works best???

edit- went out drove for awhile stalled it to 2500 w/o breaking loose the tires
    Last edited by $*Blake*$; 04-09-2006, 05:45 PM.
    2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Re: rpm's and launching

Originally posted by $*Blake*$
    ok ive looked at some of the other treads and ive been trying to find the best rpm to launch at. alot of people here says theirs is like 1800. is that right before your wheels brake loose or just give you the best launch. i can go to like 2500-2700 before my wheels break loose. to get the best launch do i rev it up that high or just find out what works best???

edit- went out drove for awhile stalled it to 2500 w/o breaking loose the tires
    well now that you know hit the track and try 2500 see what your 60 foots are... move the RPMs around and see what the car like's!!! what ever is you best 60 then stick with that
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

On nitrous, I usually launch at 3700 rpms. Tuesday Ill get some numbers with the S/C.
      [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

the track will be a bit different from the street..i always launched from 1800 cuz i only have the stock TC ..i hold it there with the nitrous armed and put it right to the floor
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

around 3000RPM for me. I usually beat any car off the line.
          1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Blake, manual? Auto? mods? Give us more info
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X