LAGUNA SECA ROAD RACES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAGUNA SECA ROAD RACES

The Sports Car Club of America is running Regional and National road races at Laguna Seca this Friday, Saturday and Sunday...the main races feature Vipers, Corvettes, LS1 Camaros, Porsches and BMW's duking it out...one also features a class for V6 Camaros with 4 entered against BMWZ4's, Miatas (yes, and they're quick being over 1000 pounds lighter), Acuras etc....if anyone wants free passes just email me at: robinsoncanyon@sbcglobal.net Richard

If I wasn't like 4000 miles away, I would jump all over this. I love watching "grass roots" road racing.

GET PLENTY OF PICS!
    1996 Camaro Y87 5-Speed<br />K&N filter<br />15.19 @ 89.84

Comment

ahh man... wish it was like at sebring, too far for me.

Sounds awesome, I'd LOVE to take my car to laguna seca...

and yes miatas are fast little buggers, but I think a v6 f-body can hold its own against one at laguna seca, assuming they are still n/a
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Acura's (I'm assuming RSX and Integra's), miata's, and V6 F-Bodies would be a good match.

But wouldn't a Z4 Own all in a rediculous way?

Comment

Hey, next time we'll race at Sebring....yes, the class is extremely close, except for the BMW Z4's...they are two seconds a lap quicker than all the other cars...each year SCCA adds weight and adds an inlet restrictor, but to no avail...I'll post results on how the 4 Camaros do on Monday...Richard

Comment

Saturday race results the V6 Camaros finished second, third and sixth and on Sunday they finished first and second...a BMW Z4 won on Saturday ahead of the Camaros...the Acuras and Mazdas were left in the dust. For such a heavy car...3490 with car, driver at the scales after the race...they brake and handle incredibly well..stopping comes from Carbotech pads and Kumho V710 tires...an awesome combo.

Comment

Hey, thats pretty impressive! Anywhere to see pics?

Comment

Not yet...we'll have them up in a few weeks, plus other Camaro V6 racing shots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X