Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob to autox

hey guys,
    i was plannin on gettin into autox this season. nothing super serious, just for fun and a chance to drive my car @ 10/10 :D . i was just wonderin if you guys had any feedback for me:

i have 275/17s all around (yoko avs es100)
    automatic with tc
    suspension mods: boxed rear control arms, panhard rod, welded tubular sfc's, just bought front 1le sway, 19rear is next.

im not building the car for autox just want it to be a hobby (who knows how long or far it will go). but if i just wanna do a few events will it really f anything up, or do i have to get into damper, camber, and toe in and all that to be effective?

thanks
    later,<br />alan<br />1999 bright red v6<br />3800 series III<br />208\\210 comp cam<br />3000 stall edge tc

Come in with an open mind.

NOT directed at you, but good advice to everyone: Your car is slow, you have no driver skills, and you will not win. Seriously. The sooner that you get your head out of your rear, the faster that everyone will accept you as a nice person, give you tips, ride alongs, etc.

AutoX is awesome! You learn a whole lot, get to do fun work assignments (how about announcing? [img]smile.gif[/img] ), and meet awesome people.
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

i plan on going into this autox thing the same way i look at waightlifting... im not competing with anyone but myself. there will always be someone who is stronger/bigger engine, bigger/lighter car, better genetics/better driver. so i dont plan on winning, just looking for improvement. hopefully by the end of summer/fall ill be running better times and know more about my car than i am/do now.
      later,<br />alan<br />1999 bright red v6<br />3800 series III<br />208\\210 comp cam<br />3000 stall edge tc

Comment

I have seen people cook the outside edges of their tires by autocrossing.

With 5 psi over (hot) what it says on the sidewall, max negative camber, and zero toe I get fairly even tire wear.

Autocrossing will identify weak spots. Be on top of fluid changes, spark plug wires, etc as you need them.

Sounds like you have a good attitude for your first season, but drive 9/10ths instead of 10/10th and you will be faster and less likely to bend your car.

Comment

Jsut got out and have fun with it... Like said makes sure fluids and evertthing is good running order... Expect to hear a little whine from your power steering and a little bubble over, seems very common among f-bodies, it generally goes away once the fluid cools down.

Don't worry too much about set for now, maybe some tires pressure but thats about it. Just get the idea of the events, what to expect then go out and drive it and get a feel for your car then start to see what you can improve. Getting a feel for the car is important, I still learning stuff, I am not expert but I have alot of autocrosses under my belt.

you will where on your tires a bit thats the main thing about autocrossing to expect.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X