Sunday's autocross/road race - Rally style! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday's autocross/road race - Rally style!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's autocross/road race - Rally style!

Holy looseness. The track was covered with marble sized stones. Getting off the line the first run group established usually led to an off-road excursion. All the RWD cars had trouble putting on any power out of corners.

Don Hyland, a 2003 state champion in his F stock Z28 on Victoracers, turned in a better time during a single fun run in an Azenis-clad STS Focus than he reached with 4 runs in his Z28. He could just power out of the corners with the FWD.

A WRX (of course) and an insanely built Fiero (pulls 1.4G's on the skid pad [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] ) had the top times of the day. 86 seconds compared to my 102 on the mile loop. On my last fun run I ran a 99.9 but with one cone - it was still standing, but just an inch outside the box [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

An almost new C5 and a new 350Z each went off course far enough to hit small trees and take some damage. I had a couple spins, but kept the car on course - both were in braking zones while setting up for tight offset gates.

The Kumho 712's are at the wear bars, and in general I've noticed they've been gripping less as they've worn. As good a deal as they are, if I don't get new 17x8 rims and Azenis in a week or two, I'm going to try Firestone SZ50 EP's on my stock rims - I've heard some good things about them.

Cool cars out there: an 80's Volvo wagon with a blown small block Ford up front (sleeper!), older Alfa and Porsche, and a '67 Cutlass convertible (FUN ridealong, great driver)

-Jeff
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X