My autocross Sunday turned into a road race! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My autocross Sunday turned into a road race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My autocross Sunday turned into a road race!

We're at a new site for a few months while our normal venue gets re-sealed. I know Pinal Air Park is a road course, but I figured they'd toss some slalom cones on the straights and do some other stuff to keep the speeds to normal autocross.

Instead, only a couple offset gates before the "jumps". Grid is on the main straight and each run is a lap around everything else.

Info here.

Having never road raced before, it's going to be interesting - I'm sure I'll have the pre-run jitters like my first times autocrossing.

And I'll be sure to late apex every single corner [img]smile.gif[/img]

Any other advice, setup differences, last requests before I flip my 'bird?

-Jeff
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

:D sweet deal.. so you are gunna run on a an road/AX mixed course.. or so it seems.. sounds like fun.. road courses here in MD are EXPENSIVEEEEE to run on..

Comment

"Any other advice"

If you drop a wheel or wheels off the course, do not try to come back on at speed. Forget that run, get the car under control and slowed down, and pull back on carefully.

The tires can grab and shoot you straight across the track. Very bad way to crash.

[ January 16, 2004: Message edited by: V6Bob ]</p>
      2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X