Had a great day Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a great day Sunday

Charity autocross event with the Tucson Porsche and Corvette clubs. Can't think of a better way to help the less fortunate :)

Well, they say experience matters more than a fast car, and it looks like they were right. I was pretty outclassed, Here's the field I was up against. I ended up with a raw time right about the midpoint.

Course was generally fast, with a few sharp turns that rewarded good speed control by getting you back on the fast line sooner.

The new EBC Greenstuffs and ATE Superblue fluid I did on Saturday get a glowing thumbs up. It reached 100* in the afternoon, and with a bunch of the drivers having left after the first half of the event (2 run groups, each ran twice), there was only a few minutes between runs. Great solid braking with no fade the whole time.

-Jeff
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I was pretty outclassed, <hr></blockquote>

Great thing about Autocross is that it is mostly driver and not as much car.

I am hoping to do some autocross next year (live in Omaha so not much/any winter autocrossing up here). It looks pretty fun.
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

I've got to admit, as much as some people complain about autocrossing in 100*-115* heat, it's nice to be able to run twice a month year-round.

Of course, the guys we send to Nationals are f$#@$ed when it rains, like it does every year..

Evolution school here is Thanksgiving weekend, I'm signed up for phase 1..

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mjparme:

I am hoping to do some autocross next year (live in Omaha so not much/any winter autocrossing up here). It looks pretty fun.
      <hr></blockquote>
      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X