Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaled the camaro

This is my forum, so why not info about my car? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Scaled the camaro up at lexus yesterday. Pretty even floor, pressures 36 up front, 32 out back, lightly bounced the corners.

FL FR
    933 927
    704 704
    RL RR
    Total 3267 (yeah, I mis-remembered a lb somewhere)
    Without me in it. No flap, cover, spare, jack / arm. Junk out of the car, no backseats, floormats, small battery by engine. Roll bar, t-tops in. Trans am leather seats up front (heavy!). 711's on SLP T/O TA 16x8's. Fuel gauge past 1/2 by a hair -- about 5 (five) gallons for me

Made for a Diagonal and cross of almost exactly 50%, and an F/R of 56.9/43.1
    So, I'm happy. I shoulda jumped in and had someone check the dials, but I'll do that next time. Looks like I have the ride height decently set up front ...

My ideas:
    Possibly remove spring rubbers out back, add garden hose -- drop the rear 1", shift more weight back there.
    I'm switching to (likely) Summit Poly bucket seats with covers. Should drop some weight. (40+ lbs?
    Adding a turbo setup, adding weight.
    Moving to summit overflow tank (5 lbs)
    And dreaming of a tubular K.

Just thought I'd let you all know! How in the world does James go for sub 2900's?
    -Rob

[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Wicked 3800 V6 ]</p>
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

And to think when I autocross, I leave the stealth box, amp, spare, flap, all that in the back. And I make sure to have a full tank of gas, I hate fuel slosh :)

Wonder how much closer that puts me to 50/50 front and rear?

-Jeff
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wicked 3800 V6:
      Made for a Diagonal and cross of almost exactly 50%, and an F/R of 56.9/43.1
      So, I'm happy.
      <hr></blockquote>

That's still lots better than most FWD vehicles. Just the weight distribution (and RWD) make the car handle noticeably better right off the bat, despite the stock suspention's downfalls. I had a Chevrolet Beretta GT with Z51 rear swaybar and it was probably the best handling FWD car you could imagine. My Camaro with stock suspension is almost as good without any mods. (yet!!)

Good info!

Brendan
      2000 Camaro L36 M49
      I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess.....<br /><br />-Red Green

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X