How hard is autox on your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is autox on your car?

ok, i've done autoxing before. it was on a closed course and i almost completely melted the tires in a three day period, granted my driving has greatly improved since then. if i do this in my personal car will i expect to replace the tires? what about wear on the clutch? i've been through a few specialized driving schools taught by autox instructors and i managed to drop my track time to within a half second of the instructor's best time. there is a local SCCA club here and i'd like to try it, but i don't want to tear up my car. the only modifications i've made are exhaust, and the ram air stuff, but nothing aftermarket on the intake.

I know wht you mean I have been to 3 eventsand icna see I am tearing up my tires. my plan is autocrossng set of tires, I am getting a set of steel 16X8s off a guy for free, and loking at soem super sticky tires. hmm.. driving schools I could use one of those. I am teaching myself to not dirve with my hand on the shifter, and both of them on the wheel.

Comment

You will wear tires and brakes. A set of autocross tires and wheels is almost essential.

Other things (wear on drivetrain) depend enormously on how smooth you are. But, if you're worried about tearing up your car you probably shouldn't be doing this. If something does break, how will you feel?
      2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X