Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Yeah, first time!

Had a blast!!!!!
    Took everything out, spare, tops, etc ... put on my new GF750 helmet. Had full-tread GAs up front, 1/2 tread GTII's out back. Soooo much fun.
    The best times were 48s, my more experienced friends were running 55's - 52's ... my first run, ever, ever, was a 63, including lots and lots of tailwhippin', which i'm learning to control. 38/34 pressure. Dropped to 33, 32 and should've dropped more, i'll do that next time.
    2nd -- Some sort of off course (smashed a cone like no other, on a good run too), as well as a monstrous 110* or so spin, which had my friends excited.
    3rd -- 62
    4th -- 61
    Fun1 -- 61
    Fun2 -- 59.9 -- broke a minute! Woohoo!

Things I learned -- touch the throttle and that outside tire is gone ... stay on the throttle forever, THEN hit the brakes as hard as you can. Still working on that last bit, as I seem to be slowing the car down with letting off the throttle. I'm learning how to be smooth, as the first run or so it was full throttle, no , full, no ...

Anyway, GO AUTOCROSSING. One of the coolest parts was the start, where I went (the non-fast way, lol) spinning through first, chirpin' into second (too cool).

Didn't have my big tach in yet, and I think I hit the limiter once or twice ... not sure if the tach would help, i'll tell you all about it next time I AutoX.

This was a practice, and my first time ... we'll see how I do when the championship races come around. Good luck to everyone,
    -Rob
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

hehe last time I was went I hit the rev limiter it was alot of fun. I wouldn't even consider looking at the tach, big or small, I am too busy maiking sure I do not miss a gate. It is loads of fun I reccomend it highly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X