My 15.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 15.3

Alright guys, I need some help. I ran my 3.8 at the track a few weeks ago and I my best time was at 15.3. My 60' was I think 2.5 and this was on an A4. I laucnhed at about 2300 and warmed up my tires before staging. At first I was ok with this time seeing that I had suspected high 15's or 16s in stock mode. I put a few mods to my car in hopes to lower my 1/4 time. Heres what I did so far

- 3'' custom exhaust (!Cat and !muffler)
    - SLP 3'' LM 2 Resonator
    - GM 3.73's
    - Eaton Posi
    - Whisper Lid with K&N Filter
    - Koni Double Adjustable Struts in the rear
    - 17 C6's
    - Nitto 555's 275/40/17.

I ran the fronts at 40-45 psi and lowered the rears down to 25 psi. I also gutted my car by removing the spare/jack, rear sail panels, rear seats, passanger seats and ran on 87 less than a quarter tank.
    My worry is, am I making the correct times for my mods? I looked at a thread in here, about guys making the same times with far less mods, like just gearing. Any help guys? :eek:

Yeah, your 60' is horrible. If you brought your 60' down to 2.2 or lower you could be running 14s easy.
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

How would I get my 60's lower?

Comment

yeah your 60s are bad... at best aim for a 2.1.

not sure on best psi for nitto 555s, someone with experience should be able to chime in.

But maybe some suspension work, lcas, torque, arm should help. Maybe adjust the rears, again not familiar with the adjustments.

other then that just dial it in, and practice, you definitley have a 14 second car if you cut a 2.1.

Also I woudl consider is a stall converter, and once again I am useless in this situation.

but definitely get a little more practice, because a 2.1 is not an unreasnable 60 to aim for at all.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Best way to lower your 60' is by practice.

I'm guessing you just brake torqued it at 2300 rpm's then mashed it when it hit the 3rd yellow or green.

August was the last time I went to the track before I put my car away but I think I brake mine at like 2100-2200 rpms and go about 3/4 throttle off the line to make sure I hook decent. I go consisent 2.1x to low 2.2's, only on odd launches do I go above that.

For your car I would say a 2.2 60' is alittle high, and a 2.5 is out of the question. You should be expecting 2.1xx 60's from your car, with practice. Im thinking you probably spun your tires all the way through first?

Next time you go lower your rpm's and don't give it as much throttle. In time you'll learn what your car likes. As your tires and the track get warmer the harder you can push your car, but don't go balls to the wall everytime.

Post the full slip, Im interested in what your 1/4mph was, Im gonna guess around 93mph by your 60' and et.

P.S. take off the 17s for the track if you really wanna be serious.
          2001 Pewter A4 Firebird <br />SLP CAI, B&M shift kit, B&B triflo exhaust<br />1/4: 15.139 @ 89.28 w/2.179 60\'<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960</a>

Comment

Pull off the sway bar and practice launches on a empty side road before next track visit. I'd leave stock pressure in those Nitto's and air down according to how much you spin. Maybe 5lb's a run til you find a nice comfort spot.
            2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the replys. I'll post the time slip when I get back from school.

Comment

2.5????????
                when i ran a 15.28, my 60' was 2.19...
                2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                2006 S60- Sold
                2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

those 3.73s are going to increase your torque right off the line..i say definitely get some drag tires and LCAs
                  <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

hey yall im new just found this site i was looking to hear some clips of headers on a 3.8 im buying some next week but any ways i have a stock 97 camaro with few mods like k/n intake and brakes and suspension but i ran a 14.7 and houston racewaypark i have a t5 wc trany and i was shifting about 100-200 rpm befor redline i found that the best rpm to launch for me on potenzas s-02 poles was at 3000 rpm slight tire spin but no bog and my 60 was around a 2 and i had almost perfect reaction time i was really pushing it hard ..... but if anyone has any good mods that dont cost tomuch let me know just looking for a few extra hp later

Comment

Alright so I made two passes at the track. My first I made out with a lousy 15.5. Here are the times

Reaction .609
                      I1 - 2.208
                      I2 - 6.446
                      I3 - 9.923
                      I4 - 12.969

E/T 15.5
                      MPH 87.909.

This was when I just ran my car for an hour trying to get to the track. After this, I pulled out my remaining passanger seat and took out all my tools/spare etc. Had some time to cool off my motor to make my last pass of the night; 15.3

Reaction .424
                      I1 - 000
                      I2 - 6.343
                      I3 - 9.771
                      I4 - .000

E/T 15.3
                      MPH 89

I guess something went wrong and they didnt get my second 60'. Um Honesly this was my first time at the track, so if this really sucks, I know. I was just surprised from looking at everyone elses times and was concerened with mine. I will be going back to the track again, and see what I can come out with. I have also just torqued stalled and smashed off of the line, but I will be trying to say go with 3/4 on the throttle and seeing what my car likes. Any more suggestions would be nice. Thanks guys.

Comment

Well 2.2 isnt bad. I mean, it can still be brought down, but its not bad. Obviously if you got a stall that is what would really drop your times. But you would probably want some good tires before that. ;)
                        Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Hmm yeah. I really dont know whats up. I guess with what everyones saying on the site I should be running anywhere near 14.5 and up. I really gotta go back to the strip and work on it. When I do, I'll come back and show ya guy. Thanks for the info!

Comment

yea man see i drive a manuel soo my times will be a little faster due to the fact i get more hp at the weels but still getting down to a 15 flat is good.. you haev to remember you gears make a big difference as will and the shift points on your auto try taking out the spare if needed and try 3/4 throttle cause you want as little tire spin as possible and if you havent already get some 245's on thoes wheels 245 50 is what i use its a great ride great traction and very good turning i also you bridgestone potenzas and i feel they are they best out there nut try some different approches
                            and also when you pre stage dont heat your tires to much it does nothing but slow you down wiht street tires maybe to scare the comp a lil bit just a short burn out but nothing to mcuh also my time was 14.7 at 98mph soo
                            it was pritty good wiht lamost perfect launch i didnt take anythign out ethere

Comment

How much do those C6 replica wheels weigh? I bet they're at least 5 pounds heavier per wheel/tire.

Put your stock wheels and tires on and run.
                              1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X