what do our cars run stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just get intake, exhaust, plugs, and nitrous :D
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

LOL yea tell that to shenanigans....
      Eric isn't running low 14's

Yes you very much can have both. A catback is a high flow exaust and a cutout opens your headers before your exaust. Catback= low restriction high flow and a cutout= no restriction full flow.

As far as the numbers go i see you come up with the same deductions i do. But you dont seem to know what your talking about so thats no help.
      Dude, yes I know that you can have both, but it doesn't mean you're gonna gain .2 seconds from the cutout, and another .2 seconds from the catback, it's either on or the other.

Wrong once again. The opposite is true. If you add a catback to a stock car it will add say 5HP but if you have a high flow intake that same catback could add as much as 10HP. Mods actually compliment each other.
      That maybe true once you get into for forced induction, but not so much so from bolt ons, the difference is going to be small.

LOL make up your mind...
      I'snt that the numbers i came up with?
      Low 14's is like 14.0-14.3 I said mid-high 14's

As for cooler motor and advance timing, when I was modding my car, HP tuners didn't exist yet, so I haven't had much experience on that end of the scale.
      Im not trying to be a smart *** or any thing but would shenanigans do 13s being he can do 14.4 with none of thoes mods?
      Ok listen, Eric ran that time with no drive belt, and no air filter, which is very bad. That is why he had such a low time. Your drive belt sucks up quite a bit of HP.

I think his best time with his belt on, and what he has now (Intake/LSD/gears/cutout/timing advance)is like a 14.5. He might even be the fastest NA without heads/cam.

Could he run a 13 without a drive belt? Maybe, if he didn't grenade his motor.

The best time for a 100% stock car, no mods down to the paper filter was done by sepo katian I think, and was a 14.8 (My memory might be a little off, but it's close)

Don't take it as an insult that your driving isn't the best. None of us ran our best runs the first time out. My first run, i stalled it and ran like a 13 or 14 in the 1/8th [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

I read up on what I needed to do, and practiced. Made a mental note on how I launched, and what I needed to do to next time to make it better, and then tried that next time.
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

fwiw my 2 cents...

1st, only weight reduction I ever did was jack/spare. I weigh 300-320 the entire time I had this car so to the average person my car was probably heavier. I also have mild options(power everything, monsoon, etc. not a stripper car) I never pulled bumpers or cut holes in my hood or anything. And belt and intake I took off, were in my trunk, because I drove to the track and drove home with them on.

2nd.

I brought the car from high 15s(driving it like a 3.4L down to a 15.2) factory stock, I mean same airfilter ith 30,000 miles on it from the factory.

removed intake, and exhaust got to 14.7 or 14.6, removed belt got 14.4... lots of practice.

added mods, homemade tune(no fueling, mainly added timing and extended rev limiters, and no TM) 3.42s, spec II, aluminum driveshaft, Auburn diff. I ran 14.7 with bad launch. Car maybe had 14.5 belt on, 14.2-3 belt off. but that is bench racing should of could of would of crap. I broke the output shaft shortly after.

160* stat did nothign for my car.
        Running no belt as horrible as people say, logging with hptuners, my coolant woudl go from 130 to about 160ish, assuming its inaccurate reading I doubt it still got hotter then 215 which is about normal operationg on a stock thermostat.

practice with your car you cn pull more then a 16.5 out of a 3.8L stock, my roomate ran a 16.5 in his old 3.8L that I used to stomp with my 3.4L he could not drive for ****.

You shoudl run at least high 15, low 16 unless you have driving problmes or car problems. Both shoulc be fixed before you throw money at a car. Once you get those sorted out you start to see where your car needs its most help.

As for my car, maybe its "magical" but I had a very strong running 3.4L and a very strong running 3.8L, and if you count it, my dad has a "strong running" vette as well. So I guess I am just lucky.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I own a 97' V6 Firebird with a 3.8L that is rated at 200hp and 225 ft lbs. When i ran at the track i only had the car for about 2 weeks and the only modification made was exhaust, and my times were as follows.

1st run (with horrible launch)
          Reaction: 0.7399
          60 ft: 2.7117
          330 Ft: 7.3947
          1/8 ET: 11.0805
          1/8 MPH: 67.11
          1/4 ET 16.7898
          1/4 MPH: 83.96
          This run was the first of the day and i dropped at about 4000 RPM so my 60 would explain the horrible 1/4.
          2nd run
          1/4 ET:15.93
          3rd run
          1/4 ET:16.09
          4ht run
          1/4 ET:15.61
          5th run
          1/4 ET:15.72
          6th run
          1/4 ET:15.80
          7th run
          1/4 ET:15.78
          8th run
          1/4 ET:15.73

I have since installed an intake and got mch better at shifting, I have also got better at launches so i will post some new numbers in ashort time.

Comment

I hate bench racers.

Hit the track... run your #'s.

You can not add one manufacture's claimed HP to another manufacture's claimed HP and expect it to be the total #.

My bird.... intake, exhaust etc..... last dyno put down 180 rwhp... by adding the manufactures claimed hp I should be a HELL of a lot higher!
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

All i was saying is that is what it is rated at from the factory, not what it has i have never put it on a dyno. So that is why I said that is what it is rated at.

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                I hate bench racers.

Hit the track... run your #'s.

You can not add one manufacture's claimed HP to another manufacture's claimed HP and expect it to be the total #.

My bird.... intake, exhaust etc..... last dyno put down 180 rwhp... by adding the manufactures claimed hp I should be a HELL of a lot higher!
                couldn't have said it better...
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I was just giving a comparison, i gave my #'s and showed what it did so that anybody who wants to buy a 3.8 will have numbers. If you have a 3.8 and are only putting down about 180hp that is about right with mileage draining some hp and since they dyno the 3.8's at the crank you also have to take into consideration the drivetrain loss. If you have a problem with me posting my hp #'s then I'm sorry i was just giving a benchmark to compare against 3.4's.

Comment

Originally posted by The J-Rod:
                    I was just giving a comparison, i gave my #'s and showed what it did so that anybody who wants to buy a 3.8 will have numbers. If you have a 3.8 and are only putting down about 180hp that is about right with mileage draining some hp and since they dyno the 3.8's at the crank you also have to take into consideration the drivetrain loss. If you have a problem with me posting my hp #'s then I'm sorry i was just giving a benchmark to compare against 3.4's.
                    I don't think he was refering to you.
                    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X