Car was runnin decent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car was runnin decent...

14.737@93.5 with a 2.2 60 I bogged... but car ran good.

a nice 2.0 or even a 2.1 I coudl see a 14.5 out of the car tonight maybe a 14.4 but doubtful. Still maxing out the injectors, I leaned the car out a little but not much since I cannot monitor it with a wideband.

this was witht he belt on btw... catching up to my mph with the belt off...

Got 2 runs then broke.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Care to explain what happened when it broke?
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

lol this is your 3rd post on the same thing. i tryed to post in the lounge but it got locked as i was typeing. anyway, im interested in what happened, but come on now. you do drive your car just a tad bit harder than the average person. of course your gonna break stuff. look at it in a good way, now you can upgrade. did you ever switch rear-ends? with the 3.42's?
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I locked it in the lounge.... just wasn't appropriate.

Here.... keep it clean... and it stays, thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by loser:
          lol this is your 3rd post on the same thing. i tryed to post in the lounge but it got locked as i was typeing. anyway, im interested in what happened, but come on now. you do drive your car just a tad bit harder than the average person. of course your gonna break stuff. look at it in a good way, now you can upgrade. did you ever switch rear-ends? with the 3.42's?
          im pretty sure he got the swap done a few weeks back. as far as upgrading goes with eric......

at the rate hes going with breaking stuff its all going to be new anyways. [img]tongue.gif[/img] j/k

what broke? from what i got out of your lounge post the shifter is vibrating and that was pretty much the extent of the info before james locked it down.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Its hard to tell what just yet I have to tear into it. When you put car in gear and let clutch go you get a rough shudder from the shifter adn you can have the clutch out and the car not go anywhere.

When the car is in neutral, it will give resistance, sometimes barely move. When we pulled it on the track we were getting some noise form the rear but that can still be the tranny "locking up" and noises in the rear.

I am going to pull the driveshaft and go from there...

AS for the the stuff breaks, I now and understand but hell this is the cars 2nd trip to the track and 4k miles since it was down. Its not that bad of an issue just a pain in my ***...

if its the clutch I will very likely be considering an auto, and spraying.

If its the tranny I might just replace it. If its the rear, I'll have the new one in and make the autocross on sunday [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
                Its hard to tell what just yet I have to tear into it. When you put car in gear and let clutch go you get a rough shudder from the shifter adn you can have the clutch out and the car not go anywhere.

When the car is in neutral, it will give resistance, sometimes barely move. When we pulled it on the track we were getting some noise form the rear but that can still be the tranny "locking up" and noises in the rear.

AS for the the stuff breaks, I now and understand but hell this is the cars 2nd trip to the track and 4k miles since it was down. Its not that bad of an issue just a pain in my ***...

If its the tranny I might just replace it. If its the rear, I'll have the new one in and make the autocross on sunday [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                you owned the 5-speed
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shenanigans:

you owned the 5-speed </font>[/QUOTE]I noticed... especially the way the driveshaft is still stuck in the tail of the tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by loser:
                    Its all part of the game. Hope you get stuff worked out shenanigans.
                    2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

yep it is part of the game, "Gotta pay to play" [img]tongue.gif[/img] So not going to play anymore. Not upgrading, degrading. car is going to stock, well stocker then now.

Comment

btw for what its worth... it was the output shaft or something connecting to the output shaft.

Comment

That sucks man.

I say... Go get another tranny. Since you have it out throw in a Shift kit and 3800 stall.

Hell might as well even throw in a cam. Its way to late for my to go back to stock. I've passed the point of no return LOL.

At times I wish I'd of left it stock but after I get done putting it back together I'm glad I did all of it. Times at stop lights when people 3 cars ahead are turned around in their seats looking.
                          2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

Originally posted by blacksport:
                            That sucks man.

I say... Go get another tranny. Since you have it out throw in a Shift kit and 3800 stall.

Hell might as well even throw in a cam. Its way to late for my to go back to stock. I've passed the point of no return LOL.

At times I wish I'd of left it stock but after I get done putting it back together I'm glad I did all of it. Times at stop lights when people 3 cars ahead are turned around in their seats looking.
                            Its a 5-spped and I am still broke from the clutch endevour.

$300 junkyard tranny, shifts better then before it died(synchros were going out on old one too) no more drag racing, maybe a little autocrossing.

Comment

:( no more drag racing :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X