Paging 12secondv6, Little G, all the fast guys! LOL - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paging 12secondv6, Little G, all the fast guys! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging 12secondv6, Little G, all the fast guys! LOL

I’ve searched a lot, and have a few questions about what I found:
    BFG Drag Radials 255/50/16 (Best size for 16 x 8 Wheels???)
    15 x 3.5 Front Wheels w/ 2 - 5/16" Spacers
    Hawker Genesis 12 Volt / 16 Amp Dry Cell Battery (13.5 lbs)

Is that all correct? What else do I need for the Front Wheels before having them mounted? I’ve heard you should buy 0 Gauge Cables to go w/ the Dry Cell Battery? In all what do I need to install the Hawker? Thanks guys! [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I’m also having the following installed:
    Motive 4.10 Gears
    Zexel Torsen LSD
    Aluminum Driveshaft (installing myself)
    Polyurethane Torque Arm Bushing
    MSD 8.5mm Plug Wires (installing myself)
    NGK TR55 Spark Plugs (installing myself)

W/ all of my current modifications, and all of the above my Quarter Mile Goal is 14.3 or better. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Here’s a list of my current modifications:
    Intake
    - Custom PVC Intake
    - Smoothed & Cut Airbox
    - Free Ram Air Modification
    - Fram Air Hog Hi-Performance Air Filter

Exhaust
    - Bullet Racing Muffler replacing the Catalytic Converter
    - Flowmaster Catback w/ an Open Cutout mounted after the Resonator

Other
    - Mobil 1 10W30 Synthetic Oil w/ a Fram Oil Filter
    - Hypertech 180 Degree PowerStat
    - Custom Tuning w/ HP Tuners

Weight Reduction
    - Spare Tire & Jack
    - Rear Hatch Flap
    - Rear Seat Assembly
    - Rear Seatbelts
    - T-top Shades
    - Sun Visors
    - Air Silencer
    - Ashtray & Lighter
    - Lightweight Floor Mats

[ November 22, 2005, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: L36Camaro ]
    2002 Z28 A4
    SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

I’ve searched a lot, and have a few questions about what I found:
    BFG Drag Radials 255/50/16 (Best size for 16 x 8 Wheels???)
    15 x 3.5 Front Wheels w/ 2 - 5/16" Spacers
    Hawker Genesis 12 Volt / 16 Amp Dry Cell Battery (13.5 lbs)

Is that all correct? What else do I need for the Front Wheels before having them mounted?
    Everything sounds good. (Not completely sure about the battery, never got one of those). Make sure you have the correct lugs for the front wheels. Tech "might" give you a hard time about the wheel studs (if you're using the stock ones)... especially if you're using spacers on the fronts because they claim the wheels could come loose. Thankfully, I never had that problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

glad to see the hawker battery is gaining popularity in the V6 world.

i like everything else... but be sure to take care of your suspension with some LCAs. remove your front sway bar too... helps loosen up the front end and get all your weight transferred.

Comment

throw in a 3800+ converter and your set ;)
        00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

You will need the terminal adapters for the battery if you plan on using the factory bolt-on wiring.
          1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

one thing you forgot..you're gonna have to beef up the suspension a little..LCAs, tq arm, pan hard rod, poly mounts/bushings, etc..other than that..looking good..maybe a little more weight reduction..front bumper support brace, sway bar, plastic panels and carpeting
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

the V8 guys like the Mickey thomson DR's over the BFG DR's

i would recommend those
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

^ i dragged with them both in the same day..ran 15.67 each time ;)
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
                  ^ i dragged with them both in the same day..ran 15.67 each time ;)
                  yes but V8 guys are running .1-.3 lower 60's with them

swtcing tires like that dont give you time to learn them and get everyonce out of the tire..... V8 guys seem to "max" out the BFG before the MT's.....

thats the info i got from asking around and reading up on posts....
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

coooool..the MTs seem softer..so i dont doubt it..i drove around on my BFGs all year long

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
                      coooool..the MTs seem softer..so i dont doubt it..i drove around on my BFGs all year long
                      the MT's feel like that new styrofoam (sp ) stuff they use to pack the a lot of stuff with now....

you can push on it and move the edge over and stuff they are soft [img]smile.gif[/img] , if you push your finger nail into it the indent slowy comes back out..... like no other rubber i have felt
                      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Where can I get some really cheap (maybe used) 15 x 3.5 wheels & tires? Where can I buy the exact 5/16” Spacers & Lug Nuts I need for the wheels to perfectly fit my car? Part Numbers and/or Links are greatly appreciated! Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        2002 Z28 A4
                        SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Comment

Summit or any reputable speed shop can get you the spacers/lugs. Too bad you're all the way in Florida.. I have a full set of racing wheels: skinnies and ET Streets on Welds. I'm looking for the right price/buyer cuz I'm not quite ready to just ditch them cheap. Anyway, you could probably check tirerack.com for the front skinnie tires or get those through a speed shop or Summit also.
                          2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Just curious, though... what were you looking to spend on the fronts and/or rears?
                            2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                              Just curious, though... what were you looking to spend on the fronts and/or rears?
                              if he takes the rears i MAY like 69.97% be able to take the skinnies of your hands
                              www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X