• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some Corvette times...

'01 6-speed. 54k

balding runflats
    full tank of gas
    and airfilter was filthy(took it out at a car meet later)

and all the usual excuses ;)

Car is seemingly stock bought it used.

1st run.
    60' 2.131
    330'5.841
    1/8 8.810
    MPH 83.60
    1000 11.322
    1/4 13.425
    mph 106.57

2nd run (missed 3rd, I my best 60' of the night too :mad: )
    60' 2.086 Best
    330'5.688
    1/8 8.692
    MPH 78.23
    1000 11.319
    1/4 13.478
    mph 104.71

3rd run (Left the headlights on, if that affects anything...)
    60' 2.142
    330' 5.827
    1/8 8.770
    mph 84.12
    1000 11.269
    1/4 13.371 Best
    mph 107.36 Best

4th run
    60' 2.138
    330' 5.878
    1/8 8.858
    mph 82.85
    1000 11.383
    1/4 13.503
    mph 105.91

5th
    ****ty run embarassed to post it [img]smile.gif[/img]

All an all very happy for my first time in a 6-speed ls1... especially for the 1st time on IRS, and runflats...
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

pretty respectible and expected for a stock vette.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
      '01 6-speed. 54k

balding runflats
      full tank of gas
      and airfilter was filthy(took it out at a car meet later)

and all the usual excuses ;)

All an all very happy for my first time in a 6-speed ls1... especially for the 1st time on IRS, and runflats...
      Great times man! W/ your great driving and your "free mods" you could probably get mid 12s w/o spending a dime! If your dad would let you. BTW, those aren't excuses that air filter was terrible, balding tires means no traction, full tank of gas is a lot of extra weight, and it was very humid tonight! Humidity: 93 %! If you don’t mind go look in the FL section, you’ll see it’s pretty funny! :D
      2002 Z28 A4
      SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Comment

Ok... now I'm jealous.. [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] That's a 12 second car!! Put some sticky tires on it, clean the air filter and run again! Dayumm.. :cool:
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Yeah thing was a blast... Air wasn't even "that" great for running either... To bad its not my car :(
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

yeah like Shirl said..sticky tires = 12 second car [img]smile.gif[/img]
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

wanna race heads up?

g
              2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Heads up? He'd eat you for din din. ;) 5-7 mph faster.. alls he needs to do is hook up at the line. His best run taking it easy is a 13.3 and that was with bald tires, dirty filter, full weight and a full tank of gas. Makes me want to consider a Vette but I'm just too obsessed with Grand Nationals. Someone find me a built 87' please... :cool:
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

a juiced Vette is definitely my next move
                  <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by L36Camaro:
                    and it was very humid tonight! Humidity: 93 %!
                    Remember, there's alot more to weather than just humidity. Relative Humidity by itself doesn't tell you anything. 100° air at 50% humidity has tons more moisture content than 50° and the same RH.

Taking everything into account, the density altitude last night was about 800 feet. That's really not that bad.

Plus at 8pm last night in Orlando, the RH was only 78%.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Matt
                    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by Little G:
                      wanna race heads up?

g
                      I'd do it, my R/ts were still pretty damn decent and I wasn't even paying that much attention to the tree focusing on the launch more, and this is my first time back to the track since going through chemo, think I havne't been since May?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by L36Camaro:
                        and it was very humid tonight! Humidity: 93 %!
                        Remember, there's alot more to weather than just humidity. Relative Humidity by itself doesn't tell you anything. 100° air at 50% humidity has tons more moisture content than 50° and the same RH.

Taking everything into account, the density altitude last night was about 800 feet. That's really not that bad.

Plus at 8pm last night in Orlando, the RH was only 78%.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
                        </font>[/QUOTE]ok cool it wasn't that bad... I only thought because dew was forming on the cars bad in the staging lanes. Probably some of hte worts I have seen at the track. And they were really enforcing the tail light thing, since fog was forming at the top end the track.

Car ran really nice later at the car meet when I let it sit. I was "hotlapping" slightly, I woudl run in the fast lane, then switch to street car lane, then go back so I got 2 runs a round. Wasn't to crowded either, it went around the corner, then then maybe 4 cars past that fence, where the trailer area is.

Comment

The worst is when your windshield fogs up really quick half way down the track and you can't see a thing!! I had that happen a couple of times and I nearly **** myself! Good way to crash your car. Gotta remember to crack the window and keep the windshield warmed up when it's humid like that..
                          2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                            Heads up? He'd eat you for din din. ;) 5-7 mph faster.. alls he needs to do is hook up at the line. His best run taking it easy is a 13.3 and that was with bald tires, dirty filter, full weight and a full tank of gas. Makes me want to consider a Vette but I'm just too obsessed with Grand Nationals. Someone find me a built 87' please... :cool:
                            not trying to jack or change the thread,but there wasa built gn that showed me the greatest burnout i've seen. Under control for about 300 yards about 8 months ago. I can still see the tracks in a huge s pattern as it went through 2 parking lots and halfway down the street at my work. I have my eyes open for one as well
                            97 RS<br />Member Status: F-Body Owner<br />Member Number: 7705<br />Registered: September 13, 2005<br />Posts: 24<br />Email Address: hfoxx123@yahoo.com<br />Location: Minnesota<br />Occupation: Database Administration<br />Homepage: <a href=\"http://none\" target=\"_blank\">http://none</a><br />Car: uh a camaro

Comment

:DROOOOOOL: [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
                              2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X