Second time at the track - Let me know what you think - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second time at the track - Let me know what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second time at the track - Let me know what you think

I still have a bad 60' but it looks like that I gained some power after installing a new timing chain, new ignition module, cables, iridium ngk plugs and replacing a bad coil.

To compare, let start with my first time at the track last year: 2004-09-25 in the afternoon. Beautiful sunny day 27 celcius degree (84F) and humidity: 65%
    Car odometer: 188000 km

R/T 0.306
    60' 2.438
    330' 6.801
    660' 10.412 @ 68.371
    990' 13.480
    1/4 16.026 @ 88.972

Second time at the track: 2005-10-28 in the night. No wind, temp: 10 celcius degree (50F) and humidity: 74%
    Car odometer: 225000 km

Here's two of my best time. The first is my best E/T of the night and the other, my best speed trap of the night.

BEST E/T
    R/T 0.034
    60' 2.455
    1/8 10.160
    1/4 15.535 @ 95.992

BEST MPH:
    R/T 0.124
    60' 2.556
    1/8 10.222
    1/4 15.582 @ 96.538

I know that I must improve my 60' but with a speed trap of 96.538 mph and a good 60', what time could I expect to have ? I the high 14 sec ?

Is 96.538 mph good for a N/A 3.8L ? I was happy of that increase of 7.556 mph a year later and after replacing a lot of things that gave me a car with constant performances.

Thx

[ October 30, 2005, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Seb Cyclefer ]
    1997 Cayenne red Firebird M5<br /><br />SLP CAI<br />Pacesetter headers, 3\" hi-flow cat, 3\" Intermediate pipe, Borla exhaust (rear section)<br />Fuzion ZRi 245/50R16

Originally posted by Seb Cyclefer:
    Is 96.538 mph good for a N/A 3.8L ?
    On a lightly modded 3.8, "good" is an understatement. I'd call it crazy.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

that is a crazy trap for what you have done.

if you can cut a 2.0 60', you should def be in/near 14's.
      <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Looks like 14.7's or so if you get the 60' down to 2.0. Figure for every tenth faster the 60' is, the ET will be .2 faster. You have a killer MPH. There are cars that have run in the 13's with that MPH (including mine in the past). I say throw some DR's or slicks on that car and race it like it should be raced. What DA are you running at?
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

96 should be good for mid 14s for sure. maybe even better.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
            What DA are you running at?
            Euh... what do you mean by DA ? :rolleyes:
            1997 Cayenne red Firebird M5<br /><br />SLP CAI<br />Pacesetter headers, 3\" hi-flow cat, 3\" Intermediate pipe, Borla exhaust (rear section)<br />Fuzion ZRi 245/50R16

Comment

DA means Density Altitude. It was altitude that it actually "feels" like to the engine. Hotter temperatures result in less dense air, which means it feels like a higher altitude than it actually is. Same goes with barometric pressure and dew point.

Anything over 15°C (at sea level only) raises the density altitude at a rate of 500 ft per 1°C.

You can use a calculator if you know the weather values from when you raced. http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da_em.htm
              Matt
              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

A 96mh trap is kinda rediculous. I trapped 94 running a 14.8 and alot of people told me my trap was high. That should tell you a bit about yours.
                \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

98Camaro3.8:
                  I try the calculator and the result is a DA of -274 with these values:

Elevation: 30
                  Air Temperature: 10
                  Altimeter Setting: 1010
                  Drew Point: 6

Comment

Originally posted by Seb Cyclefer:
                    98Camaro3.8:
                    I try the calculator and the result is a DA of -274 with these values:

Elevation: 30
                    Air Temperature: 10
                    Altimeter Setting: 1010
                    Drew Point: 6
                    That means the engine was actually making more power than it would have at a standard day at sea level. The difference is only marginal over sea level, but there'll be a bigger difference over an 84° day.
                    Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X