Project Viper track time FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Viper track time FINALLY

o tonight i drove out to the local track 1/8 mile..... humid as hell and hot.....

i get in the staging area and things........

do my burn out
    stage

I learned 3 things about my car
    1. do not dumb the clutch at 5k RPM with out drags
    2. its fast

so i mash the gas and let out so i can go down the track the right way..... (left at 5psi on street tires = no no [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] )
    me------------------him
    .379 -----react-----.00001 (foul)
    2.3811----60' ------.2.3613 (ok i suck)
    6.1471---330'-------6.0820 i was catching him (stock mustang had some wierd suspention thing on the side of it )
    9.0240----594'------8.4691
    9.7609----1/8et-----8.9942
    61.06-----1/8MPH---.85.69

so anyone what to guess what happend from after the 330 foot and before the 594 foot mark?
    3. I shifed into 3rd gear..... like ok i missed it so, i tried again... umm wierd......... coast all the way..... umm wierd 3rd gear still not there......

www.turbov6camaro.com/log
    "track 1" is the log for the run
    umm go to the 30 minute mark to see the run lol, left the laptop on......and th 6* of KR is me mashing the gas to see if the tranny is there.. also at the top of 2nd i have to let out...... it gets fishy in the rear lol (you can see this buy looking at my TPS in the log )

i think i would have traped at least 90 if not mid 90's....... i still had also most half track left when it broke
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

so you broke the tranny? thats my boy... [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

I'll look at the log later, too late to be reading logs [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:

I'll look at the log later, too late to be reading logs [img]smile.gif[/img]
      dude it didn't even go pow it just was not there lol

the other guy said he heard it in car lol he was behind at that time :mad:

i had that race to!!!! top of 2nd into 3rd gear = da **** pull away power
      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

so what roughly is that to 1/4times?

X2
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          so what roughly is that to 1/4times?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shenanigans:
          X2 </font>[/QUOTE]hard to say with out having a MPH or 1/8 et :(
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Damn that 3rd gear. Gotta love 2nd gear though huh? I know I do and I don't even have any major mods.
            \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

time to go throw some more money at it
              -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

Welp, looks like I'll be swapping to auto... :(
                -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:
                  yep... thats why I keep my car simple.. Looks like the best option is to swap to auto, and i don't want to own an auto [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

http://www.g-forcetransmissions.com/tran_gt-5.asp

look at the price's 2000 for new core and g-force parts [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                    www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by asdf1234:
                      yep... thats why I keep my car simple.. Looks like the best option is to swap to auto, and i don't want to own an auto [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Me either. Stupid freakin turbo..
                      -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Jeez, trapping 90+ in the 1/8 mile is impressive(if your estimate was correct). Once it gets going right, should be some real nice times. So atleast theres something to look foward to!
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

And people use to make fun of me in high school for buying the auto.
                          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk:
                            And people use to make fun of me in high school for buying the auto.
                            Just in highschool?

ha-ha you have an auto... ;)

Comment

i think i would have traped at least 90 if not mid 90's....... i still had also most half track left when it broke
                              How are you coming up with that? It looks like a low 13 second run, possibly a high 12 (in the 1/4) if you get the 60' down about a half second. Doesn't look anywhere near 90+ mph in the 1/8 unless maybe your tranny broke on launch.
                              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X