going to the track what could i expect with.. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going to the track what could i expect with..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to the track what could i expect with..

i know there is tons of stuff i should research but have lack of time, i live in louisiana i will be running in tx, at evening/ night it is very hot and humid down here, what could i expect with zr1 rims tires, slp cai, whisper lid, and flowmaster exhaust??? i have never done this before but hope for at least 15.??

Should be good for 15s depending on weather, 60', etc.

Auto or M5??
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I would expect a 15.6. I had about the same bolt on's on the blackbird and it ran a best of 15.2 but it averaged 15.7 with a 2.4 60'.

If you have an M5, I would say 15.3 - 15.4
      New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
      RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
      crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
      The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

you might have knock and then run slower so don't get pisses if you can't break 16's

i had the same bolt ons at one time and i couldn't get out of 17.1. yes i didn't type wrong 17.1 was her best. but there is always more mods and tuning. hehhe see i'm on the brink of 12's
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

im sorry but i am not gonna hit 17's i have a lil haevier tahn stock tire though also it is an auto with 3.08 not to good but ill see what happens

Comment

might be able to get 15s... but honestly don't be too shocked if in the 16s...

I assume the weather is just as bad if not worse then here in lousiana...

best way to find out is run and have fun.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

well guys i did it i wasnt going too because there was basically all built cars there but i got talked in to it, and well i didnt take my speaker box out and i had someone with me cause i have never done this, and i only got to run once because of time and weather!! i hit a 16.5 at 82.66 i was dissapointed but i am going back and will have noone with me and my box out, btw i f***ed up on reaction time because the mustang gt beside me red lighted:

left
              reaction.478
              60ft 2.2
              1/8 et 5.86
              1/8 mph 84.6
              1/4 13.5
              1/4 mph 105.41

Right(me)
              reaction 1.22 ouch!!
              60 ft. 2.37
              1/8 et 10.56
              1/8 mph 65.64
              1/4 et 16.50
              1/4 mph 82.66 WINNER lol

Comment

need to work on the mph for sure but like I said the weather was probably pretty damn ****ty.

also your launch could use work, you need a 2.1-2.2.

with a decent launch and normal weatehr I see you in the 15s, not too bad especially since you are on slower wheels.

Can't expect to hit your best everytime you go out [img]smile.gif[/img]
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Theres no way teh 1/8 mile ET for that mustang GT is correct.
                  5's??????
                  the black 97 <br /> New favorite Mods: Hptuners, and SLP 2OTL

Comment

LOL not with a 2.2 60'
                    New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                    RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                    crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                    The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:
                      LOL not with a 2.2 60'
                      he hit the brakes hard [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

sorry the gt was 8.7 at the 8th that was at 330 ft i sorry, yea the gt had gears and flowmaster 40 series it was the nicest sounding gt i have heard he was a prick though, because it was all built cars and i was nervous as hell and he pulled up beside me and yada yada he was like it is gonna be nasty, i have 100 shot on it, well he didnt spray on me but he was gonna spray his next run that was his first ever run also,if my reaction time was 1.2285 did that mean my delay was .7285???

Comment

also in the winter when it is cold the track is faster right, or when its COOL????

Comment

colder air is denser... more air in the motor, means faster for the most part...

either way I would quit worrying about 1/4 mile times and be fueling up my car and hauling *** out of town right now [img]smile.gif[/img] Katrina is a coming.

Comment

damn they said it was gonna miss us! i live on la tx border in central louisiana but now hmmm thats a big storm now i dunno we will just get heavy rains off of it. oh **** i have school monday and it is an hour south of me [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X