Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not trying to start anything, but last month I test drove a 97 and a 95. I'm not going to mention the 2000 Formula LS1.

97 was the convert. one. Both of them felt really slow. I even mention this in the Lounge. It was like slower than a stock V6.

Both of them had exhaust done and intake. The 95's air filter was extreme dirty and I think the 97 was out of tune. Both of them had good exhaust sound but no mmmfff on take off.

I'm sure with the proper care, they can be back to full glory again.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I'm having a hard time believing this story...when I first bought my T/A bone stock and 130,000 miles old I had a car on a stock 350Z after about an 1/8th mile. You're telling me you're as fast as a 350Z's V6? I'm sorry, but Nissan puts one fine 6-cylinder in that machine...
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/contraststriker\" target=\"_blank\">cammed M6 T/A</a>

Comment

this whole thing is rediculous. ice bird you have no idea of real world numbers. an intake and exhuast will never get you 12 hp a piece. your guess at 245 hp is insane, youd be lucky to break 200 at the wheels.

so if you ran 15.9 stock, now with all of you new mods and maybe a few nos stickers and a spoiler, you should be deep into 12's not even trying on plastic tires, a months worth of grocerys, and 2 golf bags in back.

so you didnt beat it, it just couldnt catch you? and you werent even trying, cuz you didnt even have to downshift.

you calling to of the more experienced members "morons" for telling you the truth that you cant accept. look at 98camaro38s mods, i would think that he would know how much mods are going to add. then vanbibber who actually owns an lt1, i would think he would know what hes talking about.

there is also no need for that kind of language, it is unneccary and completley uncalled for.
        <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

^ Werd ^

BTW- thats an impressive dB reading, I'd be afraid to blow my back hatch glass at that dB
          1996 Camaro Y87 5-Speed<br />K&N filter<br />15.19 @ 89.84

Comment

thanx its holding up pretty good.
            <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

And you have a bunch of heavy *** stereo ****, no way....
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I'm a moron that can't keep my turrets under control.

[ August 04, 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: TealV6 ]

Comment

Originally posted by IceBird:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by articacid:
                  this whole thing is rediculous. ice bird you have no idea of real world numbers. an intake and exhuast will never get you 12 hp a piece. your guess at 245 hp is insane, youd be lucky to break 200 at the wheels.

so if you ran 15.9 stock, now with all of you new mods and maybe a few nos stickers and a spoiler, you should be deep into 12's not even trying on plastic tires, a months worth of grocerys, and 2 golf bags in back.

so you didnt beat it, it just couldnt catch you? and you werent even trying, cuz you didnt even have to downshift.

you calling to of the more experienced members "morons" for telling you the truth that you cant accept. look at 98camaro38s mods, i would think that he would know how much mods are going to add. then vanbibber who actually owns an lt1, i would think he would know what hes talking about.

there is also no need for that kind of language, it is unneccary and completley uncalled for.
                  No im calling them morons because there telling me im lying. Im just telling you Fúck heads about a experence i had on the way home the other day and you cóck suckers wanna go off on me and bite my fúcking head off and call me a lier and tell me im an idiot for being off on my numbers. Oh and if in your estimation i have 200 HP at my wheels then adding the 15% lost from drivetrane that will put me pretty dam close to 240 HP. How fúcking Dare I be a few ponys off....</font>[/QUOTE]

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by IceBird:

No im calling them morons because there telling me im lying. Im just telling you Fúck heads about a experence i had on the way home the other day and you cóck suckers wanna go off on me and bite my fúcking head off and call me a lier and tell me im an idiot for being off on my numbers. Oh and if in your estimation i have 200 HP at my wheels then adding the 15% lost from drivetrane that will put me pretty dam close to 240 HP. How fúcking Dare I be a few ponys off....</font>[/QUOTE]</font>[/QUOTE]

Comment

Want to try quoting that one more time? :rolleyes:
                      Matt
                      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

No im calling them morons because there telling me im lying. Im just telling you Fúck heads about a experence i had on the way home the other day and you cóck suckers wanna go off on me and bite my fúcking head off and call me a lier and tell me im an idiot for being off on my numbers. Oh and if in your estimation i have 200 HP at my wheels then adding the 15% lost from drivetrane that will put me pretty dam close to 240 HP. How fúcking Dare I be a few ponys off....</font>[/QUOTE]</font>[/QUOTE]</font>[/QUOTE]just want to make sure steve gets this. ;)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

btw you dont have 200 at the wheels.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

Icebird.... get the turrets under control and THEN maybe you can play.

These guys know what there talking about... You need to READ and learn before you go shoting off at the mouth.
                            FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                            Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                            Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X