drag racin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drag racin question

ive nerver drag raced and i was wounderin what migh my car do its all stock except just for the few mods ive done no cat straigh pipe cold air intake 80 series flowmaster i took out the maf screen i dont know if that does anythin or not i just herd people talkin about it and i put in some royal purpal oil and i raced a stock 3.8l camaro and beat it bye 3 car lengths so i know i added some power
    cold air intake <br />80 series flowmaster<br />no cat (straight pipe)<br />rebel flag

Originally posted by bigCountry:
    ive nerver drag raced and i was wounderin what migh my car do its all stock except just for the few mods ive done no cat straigh pipe cold air intake 80 series flowmaster i took out the maf screen i dont know if that does anythin or not i just herd people talkin about it and i put in some royal purpal oil and i raced a stock 3.8l camaro and beat it bye 3 car lengths so i know i added some power
    what year is your car? What trans? and put the MAF back in......
    1997 Camaro 15.3@91 with a 2.35 60ft-B&M Ripper, SLP Knob, SLP CAI, LT1 DS, EBC Pads. 1994 Camaro(Sadly Sold)-Hi flow cat, custom flowmaster american thunder cat back, KN FIPK, Accel wires, Plat plugs, 160 thermo, Fastchip, Pacesetters.

Comment

its a 95 4 speed auto and i didnt take the maf out i took the little screen out poeple on this board says to take it out and because it ads like 15hp
      cold air intake <br />80 series flowmaster<br />no cat (straight pipe)<br />rebel flag

Comment

its a 95 4 speed auto and i didnt take the maf out i took the little screen out poeple on this board says to take it out and because it ads like 15hp
        is it a 3.4 or 3.8? taking the screen out is bad. that screen is the reader orhow much air is coming into the motor, and now the motor doesnt know how much is coming in. so the ecu doesnt know how much fuel or spark to drop in.
        1997 Camaro 15.3@91 with a 2.35 60ft-B&M Ripper, SLP Knob, SLP CAI, LT1 DS, EBC Pads. 1994 Camaro(Sadly Sold)-Hi flow cat, custom flowmaster american thunder cat back, KN FIPK, Accel wires, Plat plugs, 160 thermo, Fastchip, Pacesetters.

Comment

ok its a 3.8l and how much would a new screen cost from the dealler because i damaged mine really bad when takin it out

Comment

Originally posted by Red94:
            is it a 3.4 or 3.8? taking the screen out is bad. that screen is the reader orhow much air is coming into the motor, and now the motor doesnt know how much is coming in. so the ecu doesnt know how much fuel or spark to drop in.
            Uhh, the MAF screen is just there to straighten out the airflow a little. The MAF is what measures how much air is flowing, and that's behind the screen.

It is generally accepted that removing the MAF screen on a 95-98 3.8 isn't a good idea, but not for the reasons you mentioned. ;)
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ok its a 3.8l and how much would a new screen cost from the dealler because i damaged mine really bad when takin it out
              im not sure, ya might have to buy a whole new TB, i may be wrong but i thiought the MAF was one with the TB. Gold luck Man!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Red94:
                Uhh, the MAF screen is just there to straighten out the airflow a little. The MAF is what measures how much air is flowing, and that's behind the screen.

It is generally accepted that removing the MAF screen on a 95-98 3.8 isn't a good idea, but not for the reasons you mentioned. ;)
                </font>[/QUOTE]thankx for the correction [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

hmm well how bad did takin the maf screen hert my car

Comment

how would a stock firebird do against a stock charger r/t that has a 426 cubic inch hemi they weigh 4346lbs i know r cars a lighter

Comment

what about a rx-8 i think my car could take one they only hav a 1.3l renesis 13b twin rotor 238 hp @8500rpm and 159 foot pounds @5500rpm 9000 rpm redline

Comment

what about a rx-8 i think my car could take one they only hav a 1.3l renesis 13b twin rotor 238 hp @8500rpm and 159 foot pounds @5500rpm 9000 rpm redline
                        you will lose very badly to both

Comment

You sound like you are 16 years old and trying to impress your buddies with talking about cars you think you can beat.
                          2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

lol im 17 i got those info off this drag racin game i dont know much about cars o well i try

Comment

sounds like a troll :rolleyes:
                              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X