Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• estimate on my times/numbers

i have these mods: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/766313/4

whats a good guess for my HP? 1/4? top speed? i want to get it to the track/get it dynoed but wont have the money for about 6 months. take some guesses!!!
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Ill say high 14's....

And un computer-limited top speed....130ish

Comment

i was thinking mid 14s and 130 top speed too. idk about horses though.
      Dave:
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

15.2-14.9 .....130ish......185-190rwhp
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Dunno...... driver is a BIG factor on ET's

Run it.... let us know for ET
          Dyno it for HP/ TQ

I only make 180 RWHP N/A pre 4200 stall
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

No where near a mid 14, maybe 15.1-.4. I dynoed 184 and ran a best of 14.55 at 92.66. You also have a big bottle neck with your exhaust, headers, 3'' cat and a 2.5'' catback. I would say you would pull around 165-170 rwhp and about 180 wrtq.
            2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

hm ok. thanks for the guesses. i really think i can run a lot faster than 15s though. my friend in FLA has the same setup as me almost exactly and runs low 14's. *shrug*
              Dave:
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

but thats also different tracks, elevation, air quality, cars and the biggest difference of all, the DRIVER
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319:
                  my friend in FLA has the same setup as me almost exactly and runs low 14's. *shrug*
                  Those mods will definitely not get you low 14s. That'll take some pretty big work, including a cam or 4.10s.

I would call [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] except for Eric having gone as fast as he has. He's an exception, though. He's a hell of a driver with a freak of a car. An average v6 will be nowhere near that.
                  Matt
                  1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                  Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Maybe you can, maybe you can't hit the times...

best way to tell is just start hitting up the track and see what happens, then adjust your car from their.
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

yea true. the only differences in our cars is his is a manual, mine is an auto.

another question: what else can i do to make my car faster besides higher gears and forced induction??
                      Dave:
                      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

-less weight
                        -more air in, and more air out the motor...
                        -suspension
                        -converter

but best bet... go to the track... get some slips, then look to the slips to see what your car needs.
                        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

hm ok. any specific ideas?
                          Dave:
                          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I have a 2000 Camaro 3.8 A4 and it dynoed 194 RWHP w/ Custom PVC Intake, Smoothed & Cut Airbox, Fram Air Hog, Fram Oil Filter, Mobil 1 10W30, and a Flowmaster Catback Exhaust. Plus I did 70 lbs of Weight Reduction: Spare Tire & Jack 38 lbs, Rear Seat Assembly 16 lbs, Rear Seatbelts 8 lbs, Rear Flap & Sun Visors 6 lbs, and the Air Silencer 2 lbs. I had a topic called Great Dyno Results with all my dyno information but I cant find the topic anymore. Someone must have deleted it?
                            2002 Z28 A4
                            SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Comment

simple...

rears at like 32 psi, fronts at like 40 psi, 1/4 tank of gas, misc. crap taken out of car.

lights go down, hit gas.

If you spin, hit gas less

if you bog, hit gas more

adjust tire pressure, launch stall, car setup, according to where your car needs help.

Takes awhile but the times come eventually when you learn what your car needs. And you never know where to start until you actually go to the track and get a baseline time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X