Finally Getting to the track This Saturday - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Getting to the track This Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Getting to the track This Saturday

Now that my cars brakes and coils have been replaced, it is time to hit the track. This will be my first time at the track with the Camaro and first time drag racing RWD.

I ran my old Ecotec alero about 10 different times at the track, but launching a 4 cyl FWD is a whole different game. I was able to get the alero down to a 15.21 on a cold cold day.

It is sad that my camaro will be slower then my alero.....but only for the time being [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

I'll post timeslips and photos in this thread at the end of the weekend.
    1996 Camaro Y87 5-Speed<br />K&N filter<br />15.19 @ 89.84

Its possible you might take out your alero... jsut get a good launch [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Good luck!

My neon is a b*tch to launch! Damn FWD!
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

So I made it to the track. Here is my best with my car stock

.650 --reaction
        2.189--60 ft
        6.366--330 ft
        9.909--1/8 ET
        69.76--1/8 MPH
        15.409-1/4 ET
        89.07--1/4 MPH

I think this is pretty good for a stock car with only a K&N cone filter. It was pretty warm out and I didn't get to do too many runs cause my gf and her friend kept wanting to go for rides.

Now just to get an exhaust.

Comment

Oh yeah, meant to add, while there I beat two ricers in their exhaust equipped Toyota MAtrix XRS's and a mid '90's Thunderbird V8. Poor thunderbird, some dad was teaching his son how to drag race, he never had a chance. I ha my gf in my car so it was a fair race [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV6:
            Oh yeah, meant to add, while there I beat two ricers in their exhaust equipped Toyota MAtrix XRS's and a mid '90's Thunderbird V8. Poor thunderbird, some dad was teaching his son how to drag race, he never had a chance. I ha my gf in my car so it was a fair race [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Why the heck were you racing with a passenger?!?! That's dead weight - get her outta da car! :D

- Justin
            <a href=\"http://www.njfboa.org\" target=\"_blank\">New Jersey F-Body Owners Association</a><br />1987 Camaro LT - 400sbc, Aluminum L98\'s w/valve job, Comp XE 274, Q-Junk 750, 3.23 posi, 4.10\'s soon.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=11\" target=\"_blank\">East Coast F-Body Nationals - August 14, 2005</a>

Comment

A G/F is acceptable additional weight [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

not bad at all without even exhaust! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Seems like a damn good time to me [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X