Going back to the track friday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to the track friday...

I am going back to the track friday to run for the 2nd time. I have only run once and it want to great in my opinion. I ran a 15.6@88mph with a .9 r/t and a 2.41 60' and i think i should have run better considering my mods. I didnt stall the car at all, got a late start, didnt mess with tire pressure, was on full weight. This time i am about 120 pounds lighter including gas. I will stall the car to about 2000rpm and i will mess with the tire pressure a little. I am hoping for a 15.2 or better... really want a 14.9. I have 3.08 gears so my question is where should i set my tire pressure. I am going to be at around 40-42 in the front but not sure about the back. Should i just put the pressure as high as i can without effecting traction?
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Also forgot to add that temperature will be about the same and my fuel filter and pcv valce will be changed for the first time in about 60,000 miles.
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Comment

sorry, no 14.9 with 3.08s. reaction time has nothing to do with E/T.

a 15.6 isn't bad with 3.08s though. i think most people around here try to keep their tires around 26 psi. with that automatic, i would focus entirely on launch since autos are about as consistent as they come.

if you can get your 60' down to a 2.1 or 2.2 (good for 3.08s) you'll be fine; no 14.9 but a big improvement.

Comment

definatly no 14.9s low 15s if your fuel filter was pretty nasty and you get a lower 60'. im going to have to disagree a camaro with 3.08s is going to pull of a 2.1 60'. but if you do, i'll internet kiss RallyRed's butt ;)
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

So do yall think a 15.2 is possible?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            3 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X