Launch a M5, Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch a M5, Q?

1/Do you hit the brake before the launch like a auto to compress the springs?
    2/At which RPM to you change gear? I shift @ red line, but max power is at 5200 rpm (I was just aking to myself)
    3/at Which RPM to do launch the car? after 2000 rmp, I've got a lot of spinning
    99\' Camaro M5 3.23 LSD<br />-SLP CAI,K&N,Whisper Lid,!MAF Screen<br />-2\'5 Flowmaster Catback <br />-BMR STB<br />-Kumho 712 supra 245/50/16<br /> <a href=\"http://www.camaroV6.fr\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.camaroV6.fr</a>

Street tires or drag radials?

1 - no, you'll just burn up the clutch

2 - As close to the rev limiter as possible.

3 - Depends on your car, tires, and the track. I have gotten my best 60' on street tires launching from idle.
    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

our tachometers have a decent amount of lag, so i would say no to wait until the needle gets to redline but instead to shift just a little before it. by the time you see the needle at redline, thing to shift, then actually shift, you will have bounced off of the rev limiter.

but everything else that seppo says is right on in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RallyRed 98:
        our tachometers have a decent amount of lag, so i would say no to wait until the needle gets to redline but instead to shift just a little before it. by the time you see the needle at redline, thing to shift, then actually shift, you will have bounced off of the rev limiter.

but everything else that seppo says is right on in my experience.
        yeah good point, 3.8L(or jsut my 2000) has alot of tach lag.

best way to launch in my opinion. REv up the RPMS to around 3500, feather/half dump the clutch, and floor it out of the hole.

Takes a little getting used to on how much you feather, and when you sort of dump it out of the whole.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X