Back from the track with great results!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from the track with great results!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the track with great results!!!

I ran at West Texas Raceway again at a big heads up street car race, same track I ran at last weekend. This race was at night so the air was a lot better. The only time i checked the air it was 4700' DA with 50-60% humidity which is very high humidity for West Texas. I had all the weight out of the car, the Nitto's on at 16psi, fronts at 40psi...Last weekend i was launching at 3000 and the tires were hooking to early in the power band so I raised the launch up to 3500 this weekend. Heres the results:

Run 1: TT
    8:02 PM
    60': 2.0845
    330: 5.9495
    1/8: 9.1551
    mph: 77.11
    1000': 11.8909
    1/4: 14.229
    mph: 96.53
    after this pass i was pissed because this still wasnt as quick as i had been just on my street tires. I didnt get a good burnout adn the tires spun pretty bad

Run 2: TT
    9:00 PM
    60': 1.8775
    330: 5.6505
    1/8: 8.8209
    mph: 78.15
    1000': 11.5149
    1/4: 13.8281
    mph: 97.44

This pass the motor was really cold so i decided to pull the belt and see if it actually works. By the times you can see it works real well!!!! I was so dang pumped and also amazed at how much removing the belt picked me up!!! I know now that a Meziere electric water pump is definately in the future!

Run 3: Eliminations
    11:04 PM
    60': 1.9143
    330: 5.6905
    1/8: 8.8550
    mph: 78.14
    1000': 11.5635
    1/4: 13.8911
    mph: 96.96

The humidity was getting worse and the track was beginning to go away from all the street cars running but this pass confirms that the 13.82 was not a fluke. the belt was off

Run 4: Finals
    1:20 AM
    60': 1.9209
    330: 5.7435
    1/8: 8.9189
    mph: 78.06
    1000': 11.6517
    1/4: 14.0023
    mph: 96.11

I was dog tired here and probably didnt shift as hard as i normally do. There was a wreck so the track was shut down for a long time. The humidity was even higher and the track was getting crappier and crappier but I won the 6 cylinder class. The closest car was a Nissan 350Z running low 15's-high 14's. It sucked there were only 5 in the class but I still won. the belt was off

It was awesome running 13's out there w/the little six. SO many people were really impressed and I was out running a lot of Mustangs and even some LS1's. Next weekend im running at a different track that is about 1000' lower in elevation. Hopefully ill run some quicker times if the track is any good. Ill post the results!!
    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Damn, those are some badass times CONGRATS!
    Are you N/A? If you are, man those are some real badass times. I saw you modifications list but was not sure thought.

BTW you have a nice car. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Niño
    ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Thanks man! I am NA. I couldnt believe it ran that dang quick. since ive done the heads/cam, ive picked up 1.7 seconds over my previous best at that track! that means i gained 75-85hp from heads/cam/headers/tuning!
      <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Nice LAnce!!!! If you ever get towards HRP you'll have the NA record by an easy half a second, if not more [img]smile.gif[/img] Heck, you'll have all but a couple of the NA guys beat too, lol.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

this gives me something to look forward to.
          2000 FIREBIRD NBM<br />Thanks to:<br />TSP, ZZP, TCI, Comp Cam, Whisper, GM, Lakewood, TrafficJamz Car Audio,HP Tuner, Alterstart, texas drivetrain and performance, BMR<br /><br />1990 BLUE CAMARO RS<br />1980 z28 <br /><br />venom-vi vice president

Comment

dang. good job man
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Show them how its done in texas ;)
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai:
                Show them how its done in texas ;)
                :rolleyes:
                Past Ride
                1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
                (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
                2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

i wish you could make it out here to dirty jerzee and see what that thing would do at sea level [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  congrats on the times, that thing is really flying. can't wait to hear how it goes at teh better elavation.

later
                  tim
                  NJ SPEEDER<br />1976 Camaro LT<br />Crate 350, TH350, 3.90 posi<br />New Jersey F-Body Owners Association<br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Congrats!!!
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

woohoo! [img]smile.gif[/img] ...another V6 busting into the 13s...nicely done
                      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

thanks for the compliments guys! Hopefully this winter ill be going to Houston to run some real low 13's!

Comment

Bad ***
                          Turbocharged and intercooled.<br />17psi(oops), stock fuel pump, no FMU<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64</a> <br />Video: <a href=\"ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com\" target=\"_blank\">ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com</a> Assorted car ****: TurboCamaroFull.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X