Going to Strip Tonight--Updated with results - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to Strip Tonight--Updated with results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Strip Tonight--Updated with results

I am finally going to the drag strip again tonight. Since the last time I went I have added:

3.42 Gears (up from 3.08's)
    Auburn Pro LSD
    Rumbler Cat-Back
    3" CATCO high flow cat
    Westers Custom PCM tuning

Needless to say I am expecting a better time than my previous best which is 10.165@69.92 (1/8 mile).

I think I have been putting off going to the track because I was scared of being slower. That would really suck to put all that stuff on my car and be slower.

So everyone keep their fingers crossed that I am actually faster after having spent all of that money on my car!

[ August 20, 2004, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: mjparme ]
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

well if it helps with my old V6 that had intake/exhaust (stock headers) and Y87 (auto) ran a 9.69 @ 71.56

Comment

Just got back. I am pretty well happy with the results. I was thinking I was going to be a little faster than I was but I am still pleased. Like I said my old best was 10.165@69.92 although I only went below 10.2 that once. Normally, I ran consistent 10.3's. I think that 10.165 came on a night when the temp got fairly low outside near the end of the night.

Anyway, new best is 9.909@71.55 (I really wanted 9.8's but couldn't quite get there!). My 60' times are in the 2.30-2.33 range. Not very good. I am losing .2-.3 tenths right there. My old best was 2.3 although that was only one time as well. I normally got 2.4-2.5 60' with the 3.08's. I was running street tires that have 22,000 miles on them. I have a pair of hoosier slicks that I need some wheels for.

So, not too bad of a night. But defintely room for improvement. I find it interesting that I have the same trap speed as NOSFERATU posted above but my time was about 3 tenths slower.

I will post some of my timeslips later tonight or tomorrow (they are in my car right now). And I guess I need to change my sig [img]smile.gif[/img]
      SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

good job. go on another night and even try another track and you'll get your 9.8s
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by mjparme:
          My 60' times are in the 2.30-2.33 range. Not very good. I am losing .2-.3 tenths right there. My old best was 2.3 although that was only one time as well. I normally got 2.4-2.5 60' with the 3.08's.

I find it interesting that I have the same trap speed as NOSFERATU posted above but my time was about 3 tenths slower.
          There's your answer. [img]smile.gif[/img] I always got a 2.1x usually between 2.11 and 2.12. :cool:

Seriously work on your launching man. I can pull 2.2x 60' all day in my FWD vehicle. I'm trying hard to get it in the 2.1x range like my V6 but seriously traction and wheel hop are my worst enemy. :(

Comment

I live in omaha now and there is a big problem with traction here, dont worry about your 60' there's not much you can do until these losers figure out how to prep a track. Your only hope is scribner for traction but since they re-surfaced the track there it has sucked also. MAM doesnt do any track prep at all. I have cut 1.9 60' at the 1/4 earlier this year and I have never even got a 2.0 at the 1/8, however any kind of tire and suspension upgrades will show marginal improvements.
            Msd wires,Summit coils,Cuctom CIA&longtubes 2.5inch w/side exit,Cam,Heads & Intake,30# injectors,reprogrammed computer,3400 edge Converter, 3.73\'s&LSD,Edlebrock torque arm, SLP LCA\'s,Jegs panhard bar,16 inch nittos Best ET 14.374 @94 <br />Best 60\' 1.91

Comment

how r u launching? i cut 2.0's with an A4,3.42, and open diff.

my best is a 9.81 @72 2.1-2.2completly stock(winter)

after modding the close i have gotten is a 9.88 2.0, traction is an issue.

if u have a stock convertor launch at 1500. flash the convertor and run it out the back door.
              2000 FIREBIRD NBM<br />Thanks to:<br />TSP, ZZP, TCI, Comp Cam, Whisper, GM, Lakewood, TrafficJamz Car Audio,HP Tuner, Alterstart, texas drivetrain and performance, BMR<br /><br />1990 BLUE CAMARO RS<br />1980 z28 <br /><br />venom-vi vice president

Comment

Here are some timeslips from my runs:

Best E/T run:

R/T: .572
                60': 2.319
                330: 6.463
                1/8: 9.909
                MPH: 71.58

Best MPH run (also, best 60' run):

R/T: .683
                60': 2.302
                330: 6.481
                1/8: 9.930
                MPH: 71.81

Robafb: do you drive a Red Camaro with a chrome billet Grill? Earlier this year I was at MAM just spectating and saw a Red V6 Camaro with a billet grill running in the 9.3's. I tried to find the driver and talk to them but everytime they pulled in the pits and I went over there they were no where to be seen. It was like they where running and hiding or something [img]smile.gif[/img] I looked under the hood (it was open) and saw the battery had been relocated, saw the MSD ignition, and saw headers. At the time I was thinking it must also have a cam and head work to be running that fast. Is that your car?

Yeah, even the bracket racers complain about track prep there. I really think it will get a lot better when they pave the gravel road (currently scheduled for May of next year according to the county). The dust from the gravel road gets all over that track and they don't really want to put too much sticky stuff on the track lest the dust sticks to it.

If they prep it good once that gravel road is paved and I can get good traction I think my trap speed is good enough for 9.6-9.7's.

Also, I wasn't the fastest car there but with the Rumbler and high flow cat I was defintely the loudest street car there [img]smile.gif[/img] (Even louder than the 8's).

Most of my runs were run by myself since at the beginning of the night they were only letting street tires run in the left lane and slicks in the right. When more people got there they let street tires in both lanes and I ran against a 3rd gen Z28 and beat him. He ran a 10.168@68.98 to my 9.937@71.73. It was a nice looking car though, someone has taken very good care of it.

[ August 22, 2004, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: mjparme ]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X