first time to the track...heres my times - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time to the track...heres my times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time to the track...heres my times

well i didnt do quite as well as i wanted but i think my times are pretty much on par with what ive seen other people get for their first times with similar mods.

1ST RUN

R/T... .425
    60`... 2.465
    330... 6.804
    1/8... 10.383
    mph... 69.45
    1/4... 16.00
    mph... 87.00

I beat a modded miata by about a second on that run

2ND RUN

R/T... .232
    60`... 2.484
    330... 6.744
    1/8... 10.290
    mph... 69.86
    1/4... 15.91
    mph... 86.75

the second run a screwed up on too because i staged 2 far and had to reverse. Than by the time i threw it in drive the lights on the tree had already started to go so i didnt have time to stall it up all i did was floor it.

I was pretty mad though becuase my good friend with a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V ran a 15.6 and a 15.2 and every time i race him on the street we are dead even???? he did just get an intake though and thats his only mod but i wouldnt think it would help that much?
    1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

well, just work on it. you need practice.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

would it be better to switch back to my 16in. wheels in the back? The only thing is i dont get nearly as good of traction with those.
      1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

Your 16" wheels will have less inertia, resulting in a faster time provided equal traction. But if you are getting more tracktion with the 17's I'd say stick with them. Your launch (traction) is what you need to work on. Get your 60' down and you will see mid 15's at least.
        2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

yeah, go back to 16"s
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X