First one:

60ft: 2.4219
    330ft: 6.7866
    1/8 ET: 10.4041
    1/8MPH: 68.38
    1000et: 13.4971
    1/4 ET: 16.1454
    1/4 MPH: 85.24

I shifted into 4th gear. On the next run i stayed in third.

2nd pass
    2.3573 60ft
    15.9709 1/4 et
    89.39 mph

On the last run, i won't wast time posting, the worker failed to remove the water with the broom. And i ran with street tires so water got on um. i completely spun out, i ran a 17.6846.

On the 16.1454 run, i beat the mustang gt's 60ft by .03, and on the 15.9709 i beat the modded mustang gt's 60ft by .026

My tires grip great, i didn't slip that bad at all, the first run i raise the rpm @ 2000, and the second slightly lower.

This was my first time at the drag strip and i though i run pretty good. i was expecting more, but i'm still new to launching. I do need new tires but i though i had put a lot of work into my car, and i ran stock 3.8 times i think.

i did have 2/3 full tank of gas.
    my car weighed 3450 lbs, they had a scale.
    I had removed my two 12in subs w/box. rear trunk panels. sparetire/jack, back seats, and loose trash on the floor.

I'm sure if i improve my 60ft time i'll get much better results, but i do have great traction, even though it's open differential, those relocation brackets push the control arm down at a nice angle.
    Next wednesday is testntune again, hopefully i can make it again and see if i can improve my times [img]smile.gif[/img]

*edit* failed to include 1/4 times for both mustangs: both new style mustang gt's
    first race, the stock gt ran 14.5035 @ 99.14 mph
    second race, modded gt ran 13.6374 @ 109.33mph
    1998 Rally Red Camaro
    Manual 5, T-Tops
    Ebony Leather Interior, Kicker Audio System

ummmmm..... well, you definatly need to work on the 60'. i dont think you should lower you rpms, you should raise it. just kep working on it. you see on your second run, your mph got alot higher. that means your car has more in it than what your letting loose. still, for your mods, you should have done alot better. but hey, everyone is disipointed with their first run.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

yea i hate the 2.3 60fts, just takes practice, good luck
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i have 2.3 60' it just takes practice. go to some empyt parking lot or somtin like that and just practice launching, then while at the track just up it a little
        Fighting Texas Aggie class of 2008<br />black 3.4 T-top bird<br />- K&N CAI - magnaflo catback - slect coils - catco cat - tb coolant bypass

Comment

If your tires grip great then launch as hard as you can without them slipping ;) If you don't spin at 2k, launch higher then that. Find out where you loose traction and launch a little lower then that. Also for once I'd hate to agree with blldogg but your first trip down the track had to be a fluke. Trap speed is directly related to horsepower. So as long as you keep your foot on the gas the entire way down the track (and don't bounce off the rev limiter constantly) your trap speeds should stay within 1mph. To gain over 4mph between runs means you messed up big somewhere, in the previous run.
          00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

okay, when i floored the pedal i did hit the rev limiter, i will definetly shift before next time.

and i have launched at higher rpm's like you all suggested, but only around my neighborhood. I think i can pull off a launch at 3k rpm, my road isn't a *new* street though.

this wednesday i'm going to the drag raceway again so hopefully i'll do much better.
            1998 Rally Red Camaro
            Manual 5, T-Tops
            Ebony Leather Interior, Kicker Audio System

Comment

Just get down the racetrack as many times as possible. Screw practicing on the street its not the same. Track has different conditions then any road you will find and much different anxiety on the driver. Just keep working on the launches and getting comfortable in the staging lanes.
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

also... watch tach lag... you might try shifting when the needle HITS 5000 because the tach is slow, and so is your body, relatively speaking.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X