2nd time to the track and I found something out... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd time to the track and I found something out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to work on your reaction time as well. You look like you are in a deep sleep at the line LOL
    Definately get some drag radials. I got mine and I found a .1 sec drop in my time and I am MUCH more consistant.
    New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
    RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
    crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
    The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

practice practice practice.. there is no reason that car shouldnt be beating the **** outta my car..
      -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:
        You might want to work on your reaction time as well. You look like you are in a deep sleep at the line LOL
        Definately get some drag radials. I got mine and I found a .1 sec drop in my time and I am MUCH more consistant.
        i was going to say something about his reaction too but it slipped my mined like i guess leaving the light slipped yours [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:
          i was going to say something about his reaction too but it slipped my mined like i guess leaving the light slipped yours [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Reaction time has nothing to do with e/t so its not a factor in his launching.
          00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Exactly. I wasn't worried about the reaction times since I was trying out different launch ideas. But something just did occur to me. I have variable rated springs on the rear. I put them on there since this car used to be my 'truck'. Variable rate springs get stronger when you add more weight and therefore would be horrible for weight transfer. :rolleyes:

Comment

i know it has nothing to do with the e/ts but its apart of the whole drag racing expereince

Comment

Originally posted by Jerriko:
                Exactly. I wasn't worried about the reaction times since I was trying out different launch ideas. But something just did occur to me. I have variable rated springs on the rear. I put them on there since this car used to be my 'truck'. Variable rate springs get stronger when you add more weight and therefore would be horrible for weight transfer. :rolleyes:
                get some eibach drag springs for the rear... ;)
                2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo1969:
                  get some eibach drag springs for the rear... ;)
                  Yes, my thoughts as well. I do understand that the reaction time fits into the whole dragracing experience but I am just working on one piece at a time.

Comment

understandable. Work on the launch, then the shifting, then the burnout, then the r/t.
                    or is it burnout, then launching, THEN shifting, then r/t.
                    oh yeah, your brake comes in handy at some point.
                    New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                    RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                    crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                    The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

understandable. Work on the launch, then the shifting, then the burnout, then the r/t.
                      WTF did you just say...? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Blue! wait no RED! ... GREEN DEFINETLY GREEN!
                        00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

nuhuh, yellow :D

Comment

Nah, who needs all that mumbo-jumbo anyway

Floor the damn thing, drop the clutch, and hold on [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              4 days ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X